[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Project Coordinator with the following qualifications:
Position is focused on the management of engineering design activities, coordination of interfaces between project teams, and facilitation of engineering work planning and team staffing. Specifically for the scope of this role, this includes responsibility to interface with multiple engineering teams on a daily/weekly basis to project/coordinate required activities, develop detailed schedules for technical work execution, and support individual teams in forecasting a variety of needs to successfully meet project milestones. The successful candidate will coordinate with engineers working on plant level functions, systems, components, and/or engineering analyses to establish a comprehensive coverage of coordination functions imbedded with the engineering teams.
• Manage modifications to the high-level engineering schedule through interfaces to project controls organization on behalf of engineering. Initiate and facilitate change process approvals for new and emerging engineering activities consistent with project scheduling standards.
• Align and manage breakdown of the high-level engineering tasks into discretized activity schedules (subtask breakdown) for a multitude of design teams.
• Verify and track team assignments within schedule, manage engineering resource utilization over time and generate resource forecasting on a bi-monthly basis. Communicate and coordinate buy-in from relevant stakeholders and track requests to resource managers.
• Develop, refine, and manage the standard design activity sequences in preparation for schedule development of future design phases and procurement activities. Generating detailed versions for specific activity sequences such as procurements or integrated analyses.
• Manage detailed schedule logic tie interfaces for activities within a design team, as well as the external logic links to other design team areas. Create and track milestones alignment to task activities.
• Gather status reporting from design teams and manage updates to project reporting venues. Provide periodic status updates to key engineering leaders and identify pinch points in resource allocations and/or sequence timing.
• B.S. or higher in a relevant discipline from an accredited university and 4+ years direct experience with proven project coordination skills. Additional consideration for engineering and nuclear degrees/experience.
• PMP certification strongly desired.
• Demonstrated experience in conduct or project management of engineering activities.
• Strong understanding of technical schedule management, including project reporting, schedule development, logic sequences and fragnets, and resource forecasting.
• Experience with Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, or equivalent project management tool
• Experience with Atlassian tools such as Confluence and JIRA a plus.
• Knowledge of NRC 10CFR50 licensing process desired but not required.
• Excellent communication and complexity management/organization skills.
• Attention to detail and aspiration for excellence.
• Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate and lead a cross-functional effort with minimal direction.
• Ability to handle projects that include many competing objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve conflicts between priorities.
Duration: 12+ months
Location: Remote (at home) position
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.