[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Manages and directs the daily tasks required to perform ongoing support of design, construction, startup and/or operations/ maintenance activities of complex high technology systems or projects Renders expert opinions on engineering and technical issues, provides recommendations to project design and construction teams in specific areas of expertise. Provides independent reviews and assessments in areas of specialized expertise and provides guidance to project teams in delivering results on projects of complex, high- technology nature. Interfaces with management personnel and customer representatives. Develops and enforces work standards, assigns schedules, reviews work quality, communicates goals, objectives, and policies of the organization to subordinates. Provides leadership for the project
team, coordinates with the functional organizations, and supervises senio Qersonnel within the project organization. Description:
We are seeking a Seismic Source characterization expert for our participatory Peer Review Panel (PPRP) in support of LANLís Senior Seismic Hazards Analysis Committee (SSHAC) LV2 augmented Probabilistic Seismic Hazards Analysis (PHSA). In this role you will, serve as the GMC expert on the PPRP, serving as part of the team for peer review for the PSHA. You will provide comments during the various stages of the PSHA, with particular attention to Seismic Source characterization. Finally, you will work with the PPRP team and chair to complete required deliverables from the PPRP to LANL program management.
- 20+ years of experience in the field of seismic hazards, particularly for nuclear facilities
- Strong understanding of NUREG-2213, ANS 2.29-2020, PSHA, and the SSHAC structure
- PhD or MS in geology, seismology, or related field
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with others
- Must have a thorough understanding of seismic sources for the Los Alamos region, experience with local geology strongly desired
- Must have experience in working on a Participatory Peer Review Panel (PPRP), preferable for other NNSA national laboratory sites such as the Savannah River Site, Idaho National Laboratory, Y12 or Oak Ridge, and or Pantex.
Masters degree in Engineering, Science or Business Management. Twelve (12 years) of directly applicable experience in specialized technical field and is acknowledged as an expert in the specific area in question.