[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Mechanical / HVAC Engineer:
• Ensuring operational readiness of the assigned system and components
• Developing and maintaining consistency among design requirements, documentation, and physical configuration for the systems; and to integrate the elements of system requirements and performance criteria, system assessments, change control, work control, and documentation control
• Ensuring key design documents, including system descriptions/system design description and facility descriptions/facility design description are identified, developed, and maintained to support facility safety basis development and safe operation
• Conducting system assessments that include periodic reviews of system operability, reliability, and material condition
• Verifying systems are tested after maintenance or modification to ensure continued capability to fulfill system requirements and to meet functional acceptance criteria
• Providing support for facility operations and maintenance staff
Education: Bachelor of Science degree (or equivalent education) in an appropriate engineering discipline or related science from a four-year accredited college or university.
Experience: Minimum 10 years of professional experience.
One year of nuclear facility experience is preferred.
Experience in processing facilities, DOE facilities, or DOD facilities preferred.
Experience with national consensus codes and standards preferred.
• Upon reporting, must be able to complete and pass a medical evaluation for badging purposes. Must have full mobility, be able to walk on uneven or broken surfaces (rocks, gravel, etc.). The examination includes, but is not limited to ability to pass blood pressure test, able to bend, twist, pull, push, climb, and lift more than 20 lbs.
• Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
• Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Site.
• Possess the legal right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
• Implement Plant Engineering program elements as assigned
• Develop, review, concur with and/or assess engineering technical documents
• Develop, review, concur with and/or assess management control procedures, technical procedures, or guides
• Assess facilities, systems, and/or processes anomalies or degraded conditions
• Resolve condition report issues or other similar discrepancies as assigned
• Develop or request support to develop engineering products for system or equipment repair or replacement
• Provide on-site technical support during preventative or corrective maintenance activities or commissioning
• Assist assigned engineers in determining operability and correcting out-of-specification conditions
• Ensure the health and safety of self and staff by implementing the principles of ISMS
• Ensure that personal conduct of work is consistent with nuclear safety and quality culture expectations
• Meet training requirements and maintain qualifications to perform work
• Support control of field work in assigned areas, including integration of project activities, repairs, and equipment operations activities
• Support operations, maintenance, and commissioning of the WTP Facilities
• Remain apprised of operational status and ongoing modification activities
• Provide technical review of facility/system related procedures and work instructions
• Assist with resolution of design issues necessary to support plant operations and/or maintenance
• Review Project design and other documents for operations, maintenance, and testing impacts and providing alternative solutions
• Interface with subcontractors, vendors, and project support groups
• Ensures timely and accurate oral and written technical reports on assigned activities
• Complete required training and maintain qualifications associated with assignments
• Support the Waste Treatment Plant Nuclear Safety Quality Culture by emphasizing the values of safety and quality in the performance of work to protect self, others, and the environment