[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
DNJP16648 – IMPLEMENTATION LEAD SME – GREENSBORO, NC – Part Time
To provide design review for the engineers in the Triad Zone Engineering and Asset Design including field review of the design with the engineer. Provide training for new engineers for design constructability. Assist with Storm Assessments as requested.
• Participate as a project team member and provide primary construction oversight of installation contractors.
• Review project scope of works, specifications, and contracts to obtain a good working knowledge of the project prior to installation kick-off.
• Participate in project planning meetings as requested. Provide input on constructability and past experience.
• Support Installation Kick-off, Pre-Outage Planning, Installation and Outage meetings with project status and updates.
• Confirm with Project Lead that all appropriate permits and state notifications are in place and issued for construction activities to begin.
• Final verification of contractor safety, equipment, and LOTO training and qualifications.
• Work with Project Lead and installation contractor on schedule development.
• Understand Execution Plans and ensure compliance.
• Act as the primary site contact for the installation contractor.
• Perform frequent field observations to ensure project installation success.
• Provide or arrange for site safety orientation as required to contractor.
• Participate in daily pre-job and mid shift briefs with the installation contractor. Conduct walk- downs of work areas to ensure that all hazard prevention measures are in place prior to allowing installation contractors to begin work.
• Hold Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) as needed for installation contractor as the Contract Work Leader Site Sponsor (Business Unit dependent).
• Review installation contractor time sheets for T&M contracts for accuracy as required (Business Unit dependent).
• Enforce contract requirements as needed. and site security guidelines.
• Alert Project Lead immediately to impending issues and needs.
• Coordinate any Field Changes and Extra Work Authorizations with the Project Lead.
• Monitor and ensure installation contractor compliance with Energy Safety, LOTO, NERC/CIP, FME (foreign material exclusion), and environmental policies.
• Ensure housekeeping standards are enforced.
• Ensure critical lifts are communicated well in advance to station personnel and Project Lead. Follow critical lift plans, stop work if a variance is encountered.
• Monitor installation contractors QC program and identify compliance issues (Business Unit dependent).
• Attend daily meetings (as needed) with station management to provide updates and a plan for the week.
• Ensure coordination with Station Representative.
• Participate in weekly planning meetings with station personnel to be coordinated with appropriate planner as required.
• Provide project updates to Project Lead on a daily basis via the daily installation report/log.
• Provide weekly written report to project lead for department weekly report inclusion as necessary.
• Implement Emergency Action Plans as needed.
• Ensure installation contractors understand Emergency Action Plan details prior to starting work.
• Report all events including injuries, first aids, environmental events, near misses, and LOTO violations. Assist Project Lead with development of field project punch-list, maintain the punch-list, and ensure that the installation contractor adequately completes the punch-list.
• Ensure installation contractor maintains accurate red line/as built drawings throughout project. Maintain electronic log of lessons learned and provide to Project Lead at completion of project. Participate in Post Project Debrief.
15+ years of related experience and 2 year associate technical degree or 20+ years of experience in lieu of degree.