[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Title: Field-Test Engineer
Date Posted: 12/12/2022
Location: Waynesboro, GA
Job Type: Contract Full-Time
Multiple positions to fill with this job description - Electrical, AOV, MOV, or HVAC candidates.
Immediate 3-5 month position available in Waynesboro, GA.
Job Location (site):
• Construction site – gravel walk areas, turnstiles, PPE required.
• Position will require being in the field 80% of the time.
• Highly motivated individuals
• Experience in construction and technical inspection of mechanical and electrical systems in areas such as installation and testing of electrical systems, digital I&C systems, DC systems, Steam systems, Cooling Systems, HVAC and Mechanical/Electrical components.
• Demonstrated commitment to Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H).
• Demonstrated commitment to a Zero Accident safety program.
• Must be computer-literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications (e.g., Microsoft Teams, Access, & Maximo)
• Must be familiar with current industry quality standards.
• Working knowledge with ASME NQA-1 1994, 2008 and Addendum 2009.
• Basic to intermediate experience in field engineering activities of nuclear power and non-reactor nuclear facility EPC projects
• Must possess legal right to work in the US without sponsorship.
• Must be physically capable to conduct field inspections and participate in project walkdowns which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, walking on elevated platforms, walking on uneven surfaces, climbing in very small and/or confined spaces, and lifting up to 40 lbs.
• Must be able to pass nuclear security screening requirements and be able to obtain and maintain unescorted access to a nuclear power facility.
• Walking, bending, climbing, prolonged time in field (exposed to outdoor elements – heat, rain, etc.), gravel and dirt walking areas.
• Perform system and component tests, following procedures and work instructions which will include field walkdowns, working with Measuring & Test Equipment (M&TE), solving issues in the field, and closure of constraints and CAP items to meet ITAAC ICN submittals and the 103(g) milestone.
ITAAC – Inspection, Tests, Analysis, and Acceptance Criteria
ICN – Initial Closure Notification
CAP- Corrective Action Program
• Complete operability testing of components and systems.
• Complete assigned work packages associated with system testing.
Roles, Responsibilities and Expectations:
• Use Human Performance Tools
• Work with Company to assist in addressing open issues, closing gaps, and driving the test packages to the next step in the process.
• Resolve issues (I.e., constraints, open engineering items, etc.) with proper organizations to keep system testing moving forward
• Provide System/Engineering knowledge and understanding to answer or help research questions.
• Generate CRs where appropriate to capture conditions adverse to quality
• Adhere to all safety rules and PPE requirements.
• Promptly communicate any immediate hazards encountered.
• Adhere to all COVID rules and precautions
• Maintain a questioning attitude
• Maintain detailed and complete records/documentation
• Provide daily feedback to update metrics that track progress, performance, and proficiency