[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
RFP 12637 – MECHANICAL ENGINEER – IDAHO
ReNuke Services is seeking Mechanical Engineer at our client site in Idaho
Must be familiar with, and comply with, all relevant health and safety requirements. Must be knowledgeable of emergency action policies and procedures, methods for reporting/resolving unsafe work practices or conditions to available cognizant professionals.
Knows and complies with environmental, safety, health, and pollution prevention regulations, policies, and procedures for this position. Ensures own safety and safety of coworkers. Reports unsafe work conditions to immediate manager. Ensures that the five core functions of the Integrated Safety Management System are understood and applied when performing job duties. Ensures that operational excellence is achieved through appropriate implementation of conduct of operations.
Review Customer Requirements and Develop Design Concepts:
•Communicate with customer to understand customer’s requirements and identify customer’s design goals
•Identify interfaces to other system components
•Identify applicable codes, standards, regulations and procedures
•Concur with technical and functional requirements(TFRs,FCFs,FDCs,SDDs)
•Evaluate hazards and safety requirements
•Determine environmental and pollution prevention checklist requirements
•Determine other ESH&QA (e.g., ALARA, Life Safety, Fire Protection, & IH)requirements
•Understand and research existing systems
•Research vendor literature
•Identify whether and what type of design activities are needed
•Evaluate new technologies and equipment
•Identify research, studies and testing required to proceed with the design
• Prepare design options and concepts 20%
• Develop Design Work Package:
• Negotiate engineering design schedules
• Determine engineering tools to use in areas of expertise 5%
• Complete and Document Detailed Design
• Incorporate safety into all aspects of the design
• Develop and/or evaluate design alternatives
• Coordinate designs with other disciplines
• Confirm compliance to applicable of codes and standards
• Perform and document design analyses
• Develop and use mathematical models
• Propose and develop prototype systems, if needed
• Confirm design complies with requirements
• Prepare and issue construction/fabrication drawings
• Develop and issue construction specifications
• Develop materials and parts lists
• Develop engineering design files (EDFs)
• Develop system design descriptions (SDDs)
• Develop acceptance criteria 40%
• Verify Design:
• Participate in the design review process
• Utilize alternate mathematical models
• Support troubleshooting on final installation
• Support acceptance testing at project startup 20 %
Minimum Qualification Requirements (Education/Experience):
• Bachelor of Science or Masters (preferred) Degree in associated engineering field (mechanical, nuclear, mechatronics, or similar).
Proficiency with some or all of the following is preferred:
•3D modeling software (Autodesk Inventor or Revit preferred).
•Static and dynamic analysis of mechanical structures, including finite element analysis (Abaqus preferred).
•Fluid dynamics and heat transfer, including computational fluid dynamics .
•Design of complex mechanical assemblies, especially with tight space or weight constraints.
•Knowledge and experience with a broad range of manufacturing techniques.
•Design, manufacturing, and testing of prototypes.
•Design for hazardous environments, especially radiation hazards.
•Knowledge and experience with codes and regulations.
•Design, construction, and commissioning of processing systems.
Professional engineering license preferred.