[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Sr. Construction Coordinator with the following qualifications:
* Coordinate construction projects for assigned areas to ensure safety, quality, technical baseline, budget, schedule, and site procedures and goals are established, implemented, and managed. Note: not limited to construction phases, rather, may be involving facility demolition and soil remediation projects.
* Responsibility includes ensuring compliance with designated subcontract requirements, assisting with work package development, environment evaluations, demolition procedures, and regulatory permitting. Performing direct field inspections and audits, daily subcontractor oversight, daily activity reports and interface with subcontractor personnel.
* Assist Work Planning & Control to evolve a scope of work package by combining all submissions from various subject matter experts (SME). Serving as the primary Point of Contact (POC) to pull all data and drawings together for completeness and safe work execution. Also serving as the Senior Construction Coordinator between the subcontractor, Work Control, Procurement, SMEs, Subcontracts Execution, and Area Closure Project management.
* Interface with facility management for work scope, estimate approvals and funding distribution and with project controls and construction execution for scope development, estimate and work control preparation and approval and construction planning.
* Knowledge and experience in areas of new facility construction, large scale facility demolition, and/or large soil remediation projects is required while monitoring progress of projects to identify problems and implement the necessary corrective actions.
* Provide input to preliminary scope, design, schedules, and estimates for new projects.
* Interface with DOE, design, procurement, Project Controls, field management and superintendents at different team levels to accomplish milestones in a safe and cost-effective manner.
Bachelor's degree in technical discipline and at least 10-15 years of practical experience in construction. An associate degree and 15-25 years of practical experience or a high school diploma and 25-29 years of practical experience would be considered equivalent.
* Possess practical knowledge of RCRA/CERCLA Environmental Programs and associated field experience including that associated with Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response for RCRA/CERCLA Waste Sites in accordance with 29 CFR 1910.120.
* Previous experience as an STR in the administration and oversight of construction, demolition and/or soil remediation and subcontract activities.
* Possess knowledge of DOE operation policies, rules, and regulations.
* Previous experiences at DOE sites and/or nuclear projects
* Must possess in depth knowledge of construction projects, scheduling, and the ability to evaluate construction strategies and techniques.
* Must possess practical knowledge of construction, demolition, and subcontract management.
* Must possess the ability to interact as a team player as part of team-based projects as the Construction Coordinator to assure the project management team is appraised of field condition issues that have potential to occur or have occurred.
* Candidate must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a “L” clearance.
Duration: 12 months
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.