[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The purpose of this position is to provide support to National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Capital Projects for, mechanical engineering support on the Savannah River Site (SRS). This support is in the form of design engineering procurement support to the Savannah River Plutonium Processing Facility (SRPPF) project as a Mechanical Engineering Design Engineering Procurement Integrator.
Safety is a primary responsibility for all employees working on and off SRS. Subcontractor shall obtain safety training, obey safety rules, and make safety an integral part of each task.
Provide design engineering procurement support to the Savannah River Plutonium Processing Facility (SRPPF) project as a Mechanical Engineering Design Engineering Procurement Integrator. Primary responsibilities include oversite of design build firms, Architect Engineering (AE) firms, and other specialty equipment contracts and suppliers required to support the SRPPF project. Coordinate review of design documents and records among various organizations such as Operations, Engineering, Construction, Procurement, Business Services, etc. Provide support to support procurement of mechanical equipment. Knowledge of procurement and engineering functions associated with nuclear facility design is preferred, including the application of safety class and safety significant codes and standards
Subcontractor shall be responsible for the management and execution of assigned programs/projects in accordance with the requirements of SRNS, and the operating policies and principles. The Subcontractor is accountable for the execution of the work in accordance with the quality standards and required specifications for the project.
Experience / Skills
• Must be familiar with one or more of ASRAE, ARI, NFPA, SMACN, and ASME National Codes and Standards
• Prior experience providing technical support to procurement is required
• Demonstrate 10 or more years design experience in the field of Mechanical Engineering including two or more years providing support to procurement.
• Demonstrate experience in design and procurement support in one or more of the following areas: HVAC flow, Process Flow; Rotating Equipment, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams; System Descriptions; Mechanical Equipment Lists; Mechanical Equipment Sizing; Material Handling Design; Fire Protection Design; Sizing Calculations, and Vendor Document Reviews.
• Foster a work environment that promotes safety, quality, openness, trust, communication, teamwork, and customer satisfaction.
• Previous SRS Design Engineering experience and working knowledge of SRNS design processes and procedures is preferred.
• Working design experience in a nuclear industry/facility is preferred
• Experience in 2D MicroStation Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) is preferred.
• Ability to identify problems or lack of progress against objectives and adjust as necessary.
• Ability to communicate with managers and professionals regarding Quality requirements.
Occasional travel is required.
Period of Performance Schedule
• Work schedule will be a nominal 40-hour work week but can be part-time or with interruption between on-site requirements dependent on the support requirements necessary for the project. It is estimated that each standard year will consist of two- thousand and eighty hours.
• The period of performance shall be for a period of one year from award of this agreement. The right to exercise one, one-year option is reserved by SRNS.
• BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or current registration as a Professional Engineer in Mechanical Engineering
• An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Subcontract personnel must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE "Q" security clearance. After award, the selected uncleared candidate may be required to apply for a DOE clearance.
• Must be a US Citizen.