[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Provide support as a Principal Engineer to the Savannah River Plutonium Processing Facility (SRPPF) project. Independently applies advanced engineering techniques and analyses for problems and methods. This includes but is not limited to the following job duties:
• Participate in a Formal Design Review Team.
• Review and comment on design output documents for SRPPF Design Output Documents.
• Write input to a Formal Design Review Report.
Background and Experience:
• Direct design engineering experience in one or more of the traditional engineering disciplines is required. Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred. Also Nuclear, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering will be considered.
• Ability to work independently and within a multi-discipline team.
Period of Performance Schedule:
Work schedule will be a nominal 40-hour work week but can be part-time or with interruption between on-site requirements dependent on the support requirements necessary for the project. It is estimated that each standard year will consist of 2080 hours.
• The period of performance shall be for one year from award. SRNS reserves the right for three additional four-month option periods.
• An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Subcontract personnel must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE "Q" security clearance. After award, the selected uncleared candidate may be required to apply for a DOE clearance.
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Experienced Engineer with a background in electrical power distribution design is preferred.