[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide support to the Nuclear Material Management (NMM) Chief and Deputy Chief Engineer. Primary duties include:
• Conducts independent technical reviews of nuclear technical work documents on behalf of the NMM Chief and/or Deputy Chief Engineer. These reviews are identified based upon organizational need throughout the year.
• Advise and assess junior and mid-level professionals while advocating opportunities for their personal growth.
• Provide subject matter expertise and advice in multi-functional technical teams.
• Participate in the performance of technical design reviews of projects and programmatic reviews, supporting both the review process and the closeout of the reviews.
• Develop and/or revise Design Authority Engineer (DAE) Desktop Instructions, Technical Lessons Learned, Technical Talk Topics, Tool Box Topics or Skill Enhancement Material as needed and directed by the NMM Chief and/or Deputy Chief Engineer.
• Make recommendations and assists the engineering staff in setting objectives while ensuring technical excellence and cost effectiveness.
• Participates as a team advisor to improve productivity and technical excellence.
• Provide technical expertise and input for Engineering HPI Tools; i.e. Technical Task Prejob Briefs.
• Share technical knowledge and experience with the newer staff to assist in the acceleration of personnel learning and qualifications.
• Provide recommendations to the NMM Chief and/or Deputy Chief Engineer on methods to improve and accelerate the technical on-boarding of the newer staff.
• Candidate must demonstrate strong mentoring/coaching capabilities, verbal and written communication skills, excellent listening skills, ability to work well with others in a team environment and excellent planning and organizational skills.
A 40 hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules including 5/8s (8 hour/day; five days per week), 4/10’s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and 9/80’s (9 hours/day, five days on week AA and four days on week BB. Work week excludes SRNS holidays. Each work day has 30-minute lunch.
Area Security Access:
A DOE security clearance is not initially required; however, candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE “L” clearance. Preference will be given to candidates who have held an “L” or “Q” clearance in the recent past.
BS Degree in Engineering
• DOE Security Clearance preferred
• Twenty (20) years of experience in facility engineering support with a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in DAE management and functional management.
• Conduct of Engineering related procedures and requirements in the DOE environment
• Working with multi-functional engineering organizations
• Application of engineering practices, approaches, and materials leading to critical assessments and solutions of complex technical problems
• Understanding Division of Responsibility among engineering groups and standard engineering disciplines required for engineering deliverable format and content expectations
• Conduct of self-assessments, evaluations and inquiries, and development of resulting improvement and Lessons Learned documentation
• Familiarity with DOE Orders and Regulations relative to the technical support required of DOE nuclear facilities
• Demonstrated strong mentoring/coaching capabilities, mentoring/coaching, strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent planning and organizing skills and working in a team environment
• Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance.