[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Technical Project Manager 2 opportunity for our customer in Los Alamos, NM to support the Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL).
Location: Hybrid or Telework. Prefer candidate to be within 2 hrs. of Los Alamos
Schedule: Flex, can work more or less than 40 hrs. a week. Potential overtime
Group/Organization: ALDWP-STPO (54STPC)
Positions available: One (1)
Clearance: Must be able to obtain “Q” Clearance
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Manages and ensures the timely completion of discrete technical or operational projects; establishes technical requirements for the project; defines project deliverables, budgets, and schedules; and oversees the project team in the planning, tracking, and execution of the project from initiation to completion. Projects are a set of related activities needed to produce specific products or services to meet customers’ requirements. Projects develop work packages that define what will be accomplished to meet specific programmatic needs and produce the work products defined by the work packages. Projects are finite, with a definite beginning, middle, and end. The customer may be an external body, such as a federal agency, or may be an internal organization within the Laboratory. Projects are typically a subset of, and funded by, a Laboratory program, but (rarely) may be stand-alone and separately funded.
Position requires expert-level knowledge of and consultative experience in all aspects of project management of technical or operational work, including developing project plans, work breakdown structures, and work packages; managing to scope, schedule, budget, and technical baselines; and documenting baseline reports and change control actions. Expert-level knowledge of the technical or operational discipline of the assigned project. Expert-level knowledge of regulatory and Laboratory requirements related to the assigned project. Consultative experience in developing and nurturing effective high-level internal and/or external customer relationships. Proven ability to successfully plan, organize, lead, and monitor a wide variety of team efforts to completion. Proven ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, building trust, gaining consensus, and resolving conflicts. Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
Top three desired qualifications:
• Regional planning with various levels and types of governments (Tribal, Local, Federal) in relation to transportation
• Has managed programs for multiple years with multiple stakeholders
• Has written proposals and other executive communications.
Education and Experience:
• This position requires a a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and at least 12 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An advanced degree and a Project Management Institute certification is desired for this function and level.
• Must be familiar with communication systems. Programming language like R or Python. Microstrategy or Tableau experience is a plus.
• Experience working with state, tribal, and local government officials/organizations on broad community-based policies, services, or infrastructure. Ability to study the options to solve local or regional challenges that have many stakeholders throughout the population and government. Ability to write proposals for public and government consideration related to these studies.
• Experience managing multi-million projects or programs that span multiple years and involve many organizations. Strong knowledge of project/program management practices and ability to effectively develop program baselines to achieve stakeholder requirements on schedule and within budget. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Understanding of regional and local transportation systems and the associated challenges to developing new or altered options to achieve better mobility for the regional workforce. Experience in messaging these solutions to the state, tribal, and local government and to the public.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the applications steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.