[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The purpose of this position is to provide support to National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Capital Projects for, field engineering support on the Savannah River Site (SRS). The subcontractor will provide field engineering expertise to the Savannah River Plutonium Processing Facility (SRPPF) project as a General
Services-Facility POC/SME. Safety is a primary responsibility for all employees working on and off SRS. Subcontractor shall obtain safety training, obey safety rules, and make safety an integral part of each task.
The General Services Facility POC/SME reports directly to the Project Field Engineer and will be responsible for the management of the field engineering group. This includes all disciplines of field engineers, the Advanced Work Package/Workface planning group, rigging engineers, welding engineers, construction document control, construction training, and turnover/startup interface. Cooperation and involvement with SRS Subcontract Technical Representative (STR) during initial team planning meetings and oversight of work is required.
The General Services Facility POC/SME will be responsible for:
• Ensuring facility Subject Matter Expert (SME) involvement with the STR during the initial subcontract planning team meeting and oversight of the work, as necessary
• Identifying and coordinating facility entrance and/or escort requirements, as needed
• Interfacing with STR throughout planning and execution of the job
• Assisting STR with work orders for the subcontractor task as requested
• Coordinating with STR and scheduling the subcontract work in the facility
• Understanding and assisting with clarification to the scope of subcontractor activities
• Ensuring a safe interface between the subcontractor and the facility
• Communicating facility issues to STR and subcontractor, as necessary
• Communicating, identifying, and providing input on Facility/Project hazards and/or conditions that may affect the subcontractor
• Attending pre-job briefs, post-job briefs, and fact-findings (as needed)
• Participating, along with STR, in investigating incidents or injuries involving subcontractor activities, including taking the lead in determining ownership of occurrence per Occurrence Reporting and Processing System (ORPS) Module 1 – General Occurrence Reporting Training: DOE O 232.2A.
• Coordinating/participating with STR on facility walk downs, including identification and involvement of the facility SMEs.
• Participating in the subcontract planning team meeting
• Attending job walk downs, as necessary
• Providing input to the STR for the hazard analysis and work package
• Contacting the STR for all concerns about the subcontractor or the work performed.
Subcontractor shall be responsible for the management and execution of assigned programs/projects in accordance with the requirements of SRNS, and the operating policies and principles. The Subcontractor is accountable for the execution of the work in accordance with the quality standards and required specifications for the project.
Experience / Skills
• Experience in the construction of nuclear, and/or industrial facilities with a related subcontract management experience.
• An engineering degree is preferred but may be waived if the incumbent has suitable technical working experience.
• Ability to communicate with managers and professionals regarding construction requirements.
Period of Performance Schedule
• Work schedule will be a nominal 40-hour work week but can be part-time or with interruption between on-site requirements dependent on the support requirements necessary for the project. It is estimated that each standard year will consist of two- thousand and eighty hours.
• The period of performance shall be for a period of one year from award of this agreement. SRNS reserves the right to exercise two additional, one-year options.
• An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Subcontract personnel must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE "Q" security clearance. After award, the selected uncleared candidate may be required to apply for a DOE clearance.
• Must be a US Citizen.