[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Scientist I opportunity for our customer in Paducah, KY for the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant (PGDP) Deactivation and Remediation (D&R) project.
Under direct supervision, performs Scientist job functions as assigned by management. Typical job responsibilities assist and support management by conducting scientific investigations, experiments and analyses to evaluate material, waste and operations in terms of regulatory compliance, and environmental impact or other requirements. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
• Takes responsibility for ensuring accuracy and completeness of all data and work produced
• Provides assigned technical or functional support to team members
• Evaluates data sets from laboratories in relation to specific Statements of Work to ensure compliance
• Uploads analytical data into the Paducah Environmental Measurement System (PEMS) received from offsite laboratories
• Performs established queries on analytical data within PEMS and communicates results of queries to project team and/or management
• Performs contractual screen queries/reports on project data to ensure all data is accounted for and identify/report any significant issues
• Conducts PEMS SharePoint testing to ensure data accuracy
• Ensures offsite laboratories meet the contracted analytical requirements during the contractual screening process
• Assembles and provides data assessment packages (DAP) to the project team and tracks the progress of the packages for timely upload of data to the Oak Ridge Environmental Information System (OREIS)
• Performs duties of general/routine complexity in nature, such as; quality assurance reviews of DAP assessment, submit non-EM documents for derivative classification review, request sample containers monthly, populate chains and data forms monthly, etc.
• Other job-related duties as assigned my management
• Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner
• Actively participates in Safety Work Groups
• BA/BS degree in a related field and 1 year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 1 - 4 years.
• Basic PC skills including Microsoft software
• Basic understanding of federal and state policies and regulations
• Basic interpersonal and communication skills
• Attention to detail is a must
Working Conditions - Inside
Work in an office at a normal environmental restoration atmosphere. Ability to perform primary office duties including heavy computer usage. In some cases radiological training may be required.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Principal duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the overall purpose of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website: www.edgewatertech.net/careers
Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so. We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Founded in 2003, Edgewater is a professional and technical services firm supporting the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S., U.K., and Canadian Commercial Nuclear Industry, and private sector businesses involved in high-hazard or complex operations. Edgewater proudly offers expertise in numerous technical disciplines necessary to support operational environments where Integrated Safety Management and formal, disciplined operations are essential to ensure safety, quality, security, and regulatory compliance.
Edgewater is committed to recruiting and maintaining a staff of highly skilled professionals to support our customers. In keeping with this objective, we offer highly competitive salaries and employee benefit packages structured to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
View all Edgewater opportunities at www.edgewatertech.net/careers