[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The initial focus of the work scope will be back end fuel handling equipment. The scope may also later include nuclear material packaging/ancillary equipment; material processing and handling equipment/systems; remote maintenance equipment/systems; confinement structures (e.g., hot cells); etc. Equipment may be deployed in permanent facilities/structures or as temporary/modular systems.
The individual will:
• Engage stakeholders and assist in the development of requirements (e.g., functional, regulatory, etc.) and identification of applicable codes/standards for the proposed equipment
• Develop conceptual design options for the equipment
• Support the development of cost estimates for completing the design, fabrication, testing, and installation of the equipment
• Complete preliminary design and detailed design for the chosen option (in conjunction with other supporting disciplines such as electrical/I&C engineers, structural mechanics engineers, designers, etc.)
• Support fabrication, installation, and testing of the equipment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities could include but are not limited to the following:
• Development of engineering packages (analysis and design calculations, ASME code verifications, drawings, specifications, other technical documents) for the equipment
• Interfacing with project management, other engineering disciplines, procurement personnel, and startup/operations personnel throughout the equipment development life cycle
• Providing requirements for facility design/layout to facilitate equipment access, performance of maintenance/inspection, and equipment removal
• Providing recommendations with respect to equipment standardization/modularization
• Ensuring compliance with government, organization, and customer engineering requirements, standards and procedures.
Responsibilities will include planning/conducting individually assigned engineering tasks or participation in a portion of a larger task or project. Additional responsibilities could include completing assignments in the areas of design reviews, proposal development, work scoping/planning, or other general engineering tasks as directed.
**Candidates must be physically located in, or close to: Charlotte, NC; Aiken, SC; Federal Way, WA; Pasco, WA; and Idaho Falls, ID.**
Skills / Qualifications:
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity:
• B.S., Mechanical Engineering (or related discipline) plus 7-10 years of engineering experience.
• Advanced knowledge of engineering standards & criteria
• Strong problem identification/resolution skills
• Attention to detail & schedule sensitivity
• Strong written/verbal communication skills
• Ability to develop & maintain good interpersonal relationships
• Proficient w/Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
• Experience w/ 3D CAD software (SolidWorks) and/or analysis software (e.g., ANSYS, LS-DYNA, ANSYS FLUENT)
• Multi-discipline (I&C) knowledge base
• Ability to lead project technical team
• Specific knowledge/experience with respect to design of nuclear facility handling equipment/specialty equipment/tooling, nuclear material packages, hot cells/shielded enclosures/gloveboxes, etc.
• Robotics experience
• PE license.
TradeWind Services offers a selection of exceptional benefits to employees and their families. We can customize your benefits to fit your specific needs. Benefits include:
• Medical/Dental/Vision plans
• Long- and Short-term Disability Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. - All rights reserved.