[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
ANR Group Inc is accepting resumes for a Plant Design Stress Senior Engineer II Located at the Kennedy Space Center, FL.
*This is an active recruitment that may close at any time without notice. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.*
DESCRIPTION OF WORK – SPECIFIC
• Performing pipe stress analysis/stress review of systems in accordance with DoD UFC standards & ASME B31.3 or applicable Code where required.
• Application of typical pipe supports and/or review/approval of layouts/isometrics as required.
• The stress work includes the modeling of the piping systems to verify piping flexibility, stability, and qualification of equipment nozzle loads.
• Candidate should possess a knowledge of OSHA, NFPA and piping codes.
• Knowledge & application of DoD standards, IBC, ASME B31.3 for piping, plumbing codes.
• Software applications to be used are AutoPipe for pipe stress analysis.
• Plans and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application, and adaptation of design on a project.
• Layout & design of piping & equipment and piping isometrics.
• Review of sub-contractors facility layouts & designs.
• Supports development of work plans and schedules for the assigned work including estimate of material quantities, design deliverables and staffing needs to meet the project milestones.
• Requires a broad knowledge of design and drafting techniques, engineering drawings, drawing checking, 2-D and 3-D CAD, reading of drawings and reproduction methods used by the discipline.
• Coordination of 3D model activities, i.e., input, interference reconciliation, etc. with other physical related disciplines.
• Assists with plans and schedules and prepare/maintain design procedures, standards to provide quality design documents.
• Interface with stress analysts, support designers, Start-up, and operations during the preparation of piping designs for the purpose of model/space control, etc.
• Perform coordination review of specifications and other documents prepared by others. Maintain up-to-date skills in computer applications to design work and ensure that maximum use is made thereof.
• Perform Engineering tasks, within a discipline, having a medium degree of complexity.
• Accept technical and administrative direction from the group supervisor during the preparation of above ground piping designs.
• Level One - BS degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university and 6 years of related experience.
• Level Two - BS degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university and 9 years of related experience.
• US citizenship is required per contract requirement.
• Possess active security clearance or ability to obtain security clearance.
• Level One - AA/AS degree with 11 years of related design experience or 13 years related design experience.
• Level Two - AA/AS degree with 15 years of related design experience or 17 years related design experience.
• Must be a US citizen.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain any security clearances required for this position.
• Knows applicable industry standards and codes, accepted design practices and quality standards for a global business unit.
• Knowledge of and experience with modeling and preparation of drawings/documents for General Arrangements, Equipment Locations, and piping isometrics drawings.
• Knowledge & application of ASME B31.1 and/or B31.3 codes.
• Ability to review piping layouts & support requirements per DoD standards/ASME B31.3 and approve designs.
• Hands-on experience using a stress analysis program.
• Previous DoD project experience for Risk Category 5 facilities.
• Hands-on experience using a AutoPipe for pipe stress analysis.
• PE Registration
• Previous Bechtel and/or DOD, DOE project experience.
$35.73 - $77.26 / hr.
ANR offers full benefits including paid holidays, Paid Time Off and Medical, Dental and Vision insurance as well as 401k Match.
Applicants must be punctual, have a good work ethic, and be able to successfully complete pre-employment testing and background investigation.
ANR Group Inc is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recruit and hire employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran.