[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Excelsior Design, Inc. (EDI) is seeking candidates to fill a Senior Mechanical Designer position in the Richland, Washington Office. In this position, the candidate will perform duties to support design of various mechanical systems and equipment as required by the needs of projects. Candidate must be self-motivated, have a strong willingness to learn, be able to work independently as well as with a multi-disciplined team, and have excellent organizational and communication skills.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Responsibilities will include working under the direct supervision of licensed professional engineers as well as working with other mechanical engineers and mechanical designers/drafters to develop design media. Candidate will be responsible for development and/or review of design media that will be issued for construction. Design media may include but is not limited to:
• Detailed fabrication and construction drawings
• HVAC plans and details
• Piping plans and details
• Piping fabrication drawings
• Structural support systems for mechanical equipment
• Skid assembly drawings
• Mechanical general arrangements
• Plumbing drawings
The candidate will be expected to design facilities, systems and equipment that are constructable and maintainable. The candidate will be responsible for understanding system/component functions and requirements and creating designs with minimal engineering oversight. The candidate will work in a multi-disciplined team of engineers and designers and must understand and integrate information from other disciplines and equipment vendors as it applies to the design of mechanical systems.
• Associate degree (AA, AAS) or certification in AutoCAD and/or 3D modeling software
• A minimum of 10 years of mechanical design experience.
• High proficiency with AutoCAD.
• Candidate must be local to the region or willing to re-locate.
• Demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
• Candidate must undergo and successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
• Proficiency with 3D modeling such as Solidworks, Autodesk Inventor, Revit or similar modeling software.
• Design experience related to a Department of Energy Site, preferably the Hanford Site.
• Experience with design of electrical systems.
• Salary is dependent upon experience.
• Medical/Dental/Vision plans
• Paid Time Off (PTO)