[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Sr Construction Engineer/Construction Welding Engineer with the following qualifications:
The purpose of this position is to provide support to National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Capital Projects for, Quality Assurance with the Savannah River Site (SRS). This support is in the form of administrative and technical expertise in the areas of Quality Control Inspections of Civil and Structural Steel, Design reviews (e.g., design, specifications), and implementation of quality requirements.
•Must be a US Citizen.
•Occasional Travel may be required
Provide construction engineering services in support of fabrication, installation and maintenance performed by the SRNS Construction Department.
Primary duties and responsibilities associated with this position include:
Performing walk downs and constructability reviews of proposed installation/modification design.
Performing material take off for installations/modifications.
Procurement of construction field material for installations/modifications.
Providing oversight and inspection of field installation/modification activities
Review of vendor’s welding procedures
Develop installation/modification work instructions and work plans as it relates to welding
Review of weld maps and providing unique identification numbers
Generation of weld inspection and test records
Becoming certified to NDE Procedures for Visual and Non-Destructive Examinations (PT-ASME and PT-AWS)
Being a B31.3 Examiner
Construction engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
The successful candidate will be required to facilitate resolution of installation, schedule and technical issues which will require significant interface with multiple organizations including Construction Mgt., Subcontract Mgt., Quality Assurance/Quality Control, Operating Facility Systems Engineering, and Operating Facility Mgt. Resolving these issues will often require the successful candidate to exercise discretion and independent judgment in order to determine the appropriate path forward after the various possibilities have been considered.
“An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance. After award, the selected uncleared candidate may be required to apply for a DOE clearance. Supplier shall possess an active “Verification of FOCI” that includes the candidate being submitted for this position.”
* Associates Degree and at least 7-9 years of related experience OR
* High School Diploma/GED and at least 10+ years of related experience.
Experience/Skills(11 Qualification records)
* Previous experience performing weld inspections and generation of weld records utilizing SRS specific processes, programs, procedures, and systems is preferred.
* Current or previous AWS QC1 Certified Welder Inspector and VT (ASNT TC-1A), MT, PT Level III certification preferred.
* Demonstrated previous SRS experience in its operating facilities.
* Previous experience performing weld inspections and generating inspection records and test reports in accordance with national codes and standards (AWS, ASME).
* Previous experience reviewing and managing Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS).
* Previous experience with non-destructive examinations (PT-ASME and PT-AWS).
* Ability to perform weld inspections per AWS and ASME.
Ability to interpret and implement engineering drawings, specification, and standards as it relates to welding.
* Ability to withstand an outdoor environment and perform walk downs that may include climbing.
* Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE ‘’Q’’ clearance.
* Reference check to evaluate performance capability may occur.
* Telephone number of candidates is required to validate resume / submittal data.
* U.S. Citizen.
A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and a 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes SRNS holidays. Each workday has a 30-minute lunch.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.