[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Join the Calcine Retrieval Project team in developing new technologies and systems for retrieving and processing radioactive waste. Communication and project management skills are highly valued. Applicants should be comfortable working independently with minimal guidance but must also be able to work closely with other team members. They should enjoy finding creative solutions to difficult problems and have the initiative to identify and resolve design deficiencies. Most importantly, they should take pride in their work, while remaining open to feedback and suggestions from others.
Minimum Qualification Requirements (Education/Experience):
• Bachelor of Science or Masters (preferred) Degree in associated engineering field (mechanical, nuclear, mechatronics, or similar)
Special Requirements / Training:
Professional engineering license preferred.
Proficiency with some or all of the following is preferred:
• 3D modeling software (Autodesk Inventor or Revit preferred).
• Static and dynamic analysis of mechanical structures, including finite element analysis (Abaqus preferred).
• Fluid dynamics and heat transfer, including computational fluid dynamics.
• Design of complex mechanical assemblies, especially with tight space or weight constraints.
• Knowledge and experience with a broad range of manufacturing techniques.
• Design, manufacturing, and testing of prototypes.
• Design for hazardous environments, especially radiation hazards.
• Knowledge and experience with codes and regulations.
• Design, construction, and commissioning of processing systems.