[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Aecon-Wachs, in collaboration with our parent company Aecon Nuclear is a total solutions provider. We offer services based on many decades of experience, in-depth knowledge, and a broad range of qualifications to support nuclear power clients in the construction, maintenance, and decommissioning of their plants.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to supporting diversity inclusion and belonging across our organization. We consider all applicants for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Project planner/scheduler is tasked with schedule management. This position will monitor and report to the Project Manager on project schedule performance through review and analysis of details schedule reporting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Study project constructability and contribute to the development of working scheduled for estimating, prior to proposal date, which sufficiently illustrate the sequence of work activities and contract time.
• Prepare and issue proposal and preliminary schedule
• Prior to project start, study contract document, create in coordination with project team the project schedule for construction reflecting the project WBS and detailing the logic sequence of all activities to be performed.
• Incorporate resource and/or cost loading data into scheduled as required
• Proactive in soliciting all necessary input from stakeholders in preparation of schedule
• Submit the schedule to the owner/consultant for approval as the project baseline.
Project Execution and Monitoring Stage:
• Update project schedule on a timely manner. Identify and record delays and gaps in comparison to the project baseline.
• Revise baseline schedule whenever required to include approved EWOs / COs and evaluate their impacts.
• Assist Project Managers in creating short-term schedule in accordance with the project baseline.
• Interface with construction, owners, and subcontractors to discuss causes of schedule delays and propose corrective actions.
• Provide information and assist in contract administration correspondences
• Proactive in reporting schedule discrepancies or project schedule issues to project stakeholders
• Identify scheduling software training needs among employees and provide training when necessary; remain current on the advancements in scheduling software.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides estimating and project management back-up as required.
• Performs such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by his/her supervisor/manager
• Develop and write reports, business correspondence
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Post secondary school education or similar experience in Construction Scheduling
• Computer literate
• Full proficiency computer scheduling programs (i.e. Primavera P6, Microsoft Project)
• Able to prepare a compile a schedule for E-P-C work with direction of key stakeholders from estimating/operations
• Able to properly resource-load a schedule with input from estimating/operations
• Able to compile multiple schedules provided by individual estimators into 1 integrated schedule
• Able to interpret customer scheduling standards/protocols and ensure schedules produced are compliant
• Able to compile scheduling reports as requested – X-week look-aheads, adherence, variance, SPI, etc.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Willing to work the hours it takes to complete key deliverables
• Positive and enthusiastic for assigned tasks
• Excellent written (technical and colloquial) and oral communication skills for the purpose of reporting
• Must be able to hold and maintain a Security Clearance at a US Nuclear facility
• Must pass pre-employment drug/alcohol screening
Aecon fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to adhering to the objectives and requirements outlined in the Accessible Canada Act (ACA), and to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, through the implementation of the requirements of the ACA and its applicable regulations.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. - All rights reserved.