[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with the following qualifications:
Calcine Retrieval Project team is developing new technologies and systems for retrieving and processing radioactive waste. Communication and project management skills are highly valued. Applicants should be comfortable working independently with minimal guidance, but must also be able to work closely with other team members. They should enjoy finding creative solutions to difficult problems, and have the initiative to identify and resolve design deficiencies. Most importantly, they should take pride in their work, while remaining open to feedback and suggestions from others.
BS Degree (MS a plus) in engineering/technical field.
Special Skills (Optional):
• Registered Professional Engineer (PE) certification.
• 3D modeling software (Autodesk Inventor or Revit preferred).
• Static and dynamic analysis of mechanical structures, including finite element analysis (Abaqus preferred).
• Fluid dynamics and heat transfer, including computational fluid dynamics .
• Design of complex mechanical assemblies, especially with tight space or weight constraints.
• Knowledge and experience with a broad range of manufacturing techniques.
• Design, manufacturing, and testing of prototypes.
• Design for hazardous environments, especially radiation hazards.
• Knowledge and experience with codes and regulations.
• Design, construction, and commissioning of processing systems.
Duration: Award through 9/30/2023 with possible extension(s)
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.