[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Sr Electrical Construction Engineer Job Title with the following qualifications:
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Provide construction engineering services in support of fabrication, installation, modification, and testing of various electrical systems/commodities performed by the SRNS Construction Department.
Primary duties and responsibilities associated with this position include:
Performing walk downs and constructability reviews of proposed installation/modification design.
Performing material take off for installations/modifications.
Procurement of construction field material for installations/modifications.
Developing work instructions and work plans for installations/modifications.
Performing job hazards analysis for installations/modifications.
Providing oversight and inspection of field installation/modification activities.
Performing post installation/modification evaluation to ensure completed work meets applicable design, specifications, codes and standards.
Developing as built drawings of piping systems.
Providing support of post installation/modification testing activities.
The successful candidate will be required to facilitate resolution of installation, schedule and technical issues which will require significant interface with multiple organizations including Construction Mgt., Subcontract Mgt., Quality Assurance/Quality Control, Operating Facility Systems Engineering, and Operating Facility Mgt. Resolving these issues will often require the successful candidate to exercise discretion and independent judgment in order to determine the appropriate path forward after the various possibilities have been considered.
* Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5-7 years of related experience or
* Associates Degree and at least 7-9 years of related experience or
* High School Diploma/GED and at least 10+ years of related experience.
* Previous experience performing work planning, job hazards analysis, material procurement, or piping system installation and testing utilizing SRNS specific processes, programs, procedures, and systems is preferred.
* Previous experience performing work planning at SRS
* Experience with electrical systems installation/modifications in accordance with national codes and standards (NFPA, NEC).
* Ability to perform job hazard analysis for construction activities.
* Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE ‘’Q’’ clearance.
* Ability to develop installation/modification work instructions and work plans.
“An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance. After award, the selected uncleared candidate may be required to apply for a DOE clearance. Supplier shall possess an active “Verification of FOCI” that includes the candidate being submitted for this position.”
A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and a 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes SRNS holidays. Each workday has a 30-minute lunch.
Estimated duration: 12 Months (2000 hours S/T and 200 O/T per year)
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. - All rights reserved.