[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for Electrical/I&C Design Engineer opportunities for our customer in Oak Ridge, TN to support the Y-12 National Security Complex.
Clearance: Active DOE L or Q (or DOD Secret of Top-Secret) security clearance preferred. Uncleared candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE security clearance.
• Candidate will be responsible for developing high quality detailed design packages, providing engineering procurement and field technical support to implement those designs, and providing expertise for troubleshooting and technical assessments of plant systems.
• Design involves the preparation of conceptual engineering deliverables such as cost-estimating bills of material and labor-hour estimates, statements of work, design criteria, and title II design engineering deliverables including preparation of calculations and analyses, construction specifications & drawings, and equipment specifications.
• Candidate must effectively and cooperatively work as a team member of an integrated project team. Design engineer will routinely perform walkdowns in the existing plant facilities in order to generate design documents and provide field support to craft personnel.
• All electrical engineers will apply technical expertise and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the Electrical Engineering field with primarily an instrumentation/controls focus for equipment process control and monitoring.
• The electrical design engineer will provide self-performed technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems through the application of established engineering practices, codes, and standards. Field troubleshooting support of existing systems will be required to inform design for corrective actions. All electrical engineers will be responsible for preparing conduit/cable schedules, conduit/equipment plans, one-line diagrams, wiring/connection/schematic diagrams, instrument loop diagrams, various sections/elevations/details, calculations, datasheets, and construction specifications.
• Design engineers will develop control cabinet assembly drawings, system diagrams, and control logic for both batch and continuous processes using conventional analog instrumentation, distributed digital control systems, and programmable logic controller/human-machine interfaces (PLCs/HMIs). Design engineers will also develop process control system narratives, aid in the development of process software requirements, and provide input to Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
• B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering
• At least 3 yrs instrumentation and controls design engineering experience
Minimum experience includes:
• Candidate should have demonstrated experience utilizing the National Electrical Code, UL508A, and relevant ISA standards to design instrumentation and controls systems.
Preferred experience includes:
• Experience utilizing Rockwell Automation industrial automation software (RSLogix, FactoryTalk View, etc.) is preferred, but not required.
• A Professional Engineering License (PE) is preferred but not required.
Hours will be 06:00 - 16:30, Monday through Thursday. The position will be full time.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website: www.edgewatertech.net/careers
Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so. We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Founded in 2003, Edgewater is a professional and technical services firm supporting the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S., U.K., and Canadian Commercial Nuclear Industry, and private sector businesses involved in high-hazard or complex operations. Edgewater proudly offers expertise in numerous technical disciplines necessary to support operational environments where Integrated Safety Management and formal, disciplined operations are essential to ensure safety, quality, security, and regulatory compliance.
Edgewater is committed to recruiting and maintaining a staff of highly skilled professionals to support our customers. In keeping with this objective, we offer highly competitive salaries and employee benefit packages structured to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
View all Edgewater opportunities at www.edgewatertech.net/careers
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. - All rights reserved.