[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
• Provide design support, analysis and troubleshooting for the FCPC experimental power
systems consisting of medium voltage ac power distribution systems, multi-megawatt
ac/dc thyristor converter systems, current limiting reactors, pneumatically operated
electrical isolation and grounding switches, hardwired control systems, dc current
measurement systems, protection systems and pulsed dc distribution (up to 6 kV).
• During experimental operations, act as the point of contact for the FCPC power system
and make operational decisions regarding the power system.
• Provide engineering expertise in troubleshooting the FCPC systems.
• Recommend and oversee the implementation of maintenance activities, procedures, and
• Act as cognizant individual of all FCPC system drawings, schematics and technical
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• BS Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology preferred.
• Minimum 6 years of relevant experience.
• Experience in the design and operation of high power electrical and electronic
systems in an industrial or scientific research environment are preferred.
• Experience with power systems typical of fusion or similar experimental devices
including ac distribution, ac/dc conversion, dc distribution, instrumentation &
control, protection, and grounding are highly desirable.
• Experience in the preparation of technical documentation such as operational,
maintenance and installation procedures and electrical schematics is a plus.
• Ability to interface effectively with a wide range of scientific and technical
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. - All rights reserved.