[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Duties and Responsibilities
Support the SRNS Nuclear & Criticality Safety Engineering organization in the development, review, and implementation of nuclear safety documentation for various facilities at the Savannah River Site. Provide technical assistance in developing nuclear safety documents and analyses, technical safety requirements, and related technical support documentation. Ensure that the developed nuclear safety documentation complies with requirements and as necessary, applicable controls are implemented in field procedures. Conduct Nuclear Safety Program assessments and maintain program manuals. Services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
Work Hours: A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes SRNS holidays. SRNS Management will determine best schedule depending on work needs. Each workday has an unpaid 30-minute lunch break. Extended work hours and workdays are to be expected with this position.
Area Security Access:
Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance. Supplier shall possess a positive FOCI determination from DOE which includes the “Q” security clearance level. An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. After award, the selected candidate will be notified when to apply for a clearance based on work assignments. Candidate who has had an active “L” or “Q” clearance within the past two years is preferred.
Advance degree in Engineering, Math, or Science.
BS degree in Engineering, Math, or Science.
• Minimum of 20 years of recent experience in the nuclear safety industry supporting the DOE or the commercial nuclear industry.
• Previous experience with implementation of 10 CFR 830, DOE O 413.3, DOE O 420.1 and related directives and standards
• Work history demonstrating personal accountability for project schedules, deadlines, budgets, and the safe performance of work; and proficiency in performing Nuclear Safety Program assessments.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance
• Previous SRS nuclear safety engineering experience (Preferred)
**Please submit your resume for review or contact our office for more details.
Pinnacle Specialty Group, Inc