[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Welcome to OLH Inc. We connect top candidates with great opportunities across the Federal/DOE complex, in addition to State Government projects, across the United States. Apply now to join our talented team! At OLH Inc, we value our employees and are excited to expand your career! In addition, OLH offers highly competitive salaries, benefits package, holidays, and paid time off.
Lead Technical Specialist Fire Protection Technical Support Specialist
RFQ# 691077 / SRNS Aiken, SC
Contract Duration: 1-year w/ 2 option years
Deadline: Tuesday 09/26/2023
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
BS Degree in Engineering, or an AS Degree in Engineering, or a High School Diploma.
Provide fire protection technical specialist support for the CLIENT Fire Protection Engineering Organization in support of facilities and programs on site. Work at the direction of a manager and/or Lead within Fire Protection Engineering which resides under the Engineering Technical Services organization.
Duties will include:
1. Assist fire protection engineers with the completion of contractually required and management directed fire protection program self-assessments. Ensure that SA results are documented, findings recorded, and corrective actions resolved in accordance with established procedures.
2. Lead and support activities associated with performing fire hazard analysis, variances, exemptions, and equivalencies to maintain compliance with DOE Orders and Guides.
3. Support miscellaneous fire protection program activities including procedure development, reviews and updates to meet current requirements.
4. Assist engineering with the completion of system health reports, lessons learned, pre plan reviews, drawing research/configuration management, design change documents and miscellaneous reports.
5. Apply technical expertise and judgement to ensure NFPA Code, DOE Order/Guide revisions are evaluated for impact to field engineering, procedures, and contractual requirements.
6. Support the completion of fire protection program initiatives including metrics/scorecard development, web site updates, FHA guide development, impairment status/resolution and miscellaneous support.
7. Provide routine activity logic for assigned activities and provide updates to the lead to support the fire protection schedule. Engineering services shall be provided using CLIENT processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by CLIENT.
Previous experience related to fire protection utilizing CLIENT specific processes, programs, procedures, and systems preferred.
BS Degree in Engineering and at least 20 years of related experience or AS Degree in Engineering and at least 25 years of related experience or a High School Diploma and 30 years of related experience
Candidate must possess a working knowledge of NFPA codes and guides.
Must be able to produce written documents with clearly organized structure and grammar.
Experience with Microsoft Office applications
Ability to perform field walk-downs.
Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “L” security clearance.
A 40-hour work week is scheduled. CLIENT utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Workweek excludes CLIENT holidays. CLIENT Management will determine best schedule depending on work needs. Each workday has an unpaid 30-minute lunch.
Area Security Access:
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L security clearance.
More about OLH:
OLH Inc., an Atlanta-based firm, was founded in 1993 to offer general consulting services in the areas of Project and Construction Management and Staff Augmentation. A female and minority owned firm, OLH Inc. (OLH) is a certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) in states throughout the Southeast and is a certified Small Business Administration (SBA) Economically Disadvantaged Woman-owned Small Business. Other offices are in Augusta, Georgia, Columbia, South Carolina and Huntsville, Alabama. OLH offers professional services including Project and Construction Management, Program Management, Software Development, and Staff Augmentation to federal, state, and local government agencies.
If you are a U.S. citizen, and your resume and experience meet the job description and requirements, please apply online. Upon review of your resume, we will contact you if additional information is needed.