[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Provide fire protection technical specialist support for the SRS Fire Protection Engineering Organization in support of
facilities and programs on site. Work at the direction of a manager and/or Lead within Fire Protection Engineering which
resides under the Engineering Technical Services organization.
Duties will include:
1. Assist fire protection engineers with the completion of contractually required and management
directed fire protection program self-assessments. Ensure that SA results are documented,
findings recorded, and corrective actions resolved in accordance with established procedures.
2. Lead and support activities associated with performing fire hazard analysis, variances,
exemptions, and equivalencies to maintain compliance with DOE Orders and Guides.
3. Support miscellaneous fire protection program activities including procedure development,
reviews and updates to meet current requirements.
4. Assist engineering with the completion of system health reports, lessons learned, pre plan
reviews, drawing research/configuration management, design change documents and
5. Apply technical expertise and judgement to ensure NFPA Code, DOE Order/Guide revisions are
evaluated for impact to field engineering, procedures, and contractual requirements.
6. Support the completion of fire protection program initiatives including metrics/scorecard
development, web site updates, FHA guide development, impairment status/resolution and
7. Provide routine activity logic for assigned activities and provide updates to the lead to support
the fire protection schedule.
Engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance
will be provided by SRNS.
A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day;
five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week
A and 4 days on week B). Workweek excludes SRNS holidays. SRNS Management will determine best
schedule depending on work needs. Each workday has an unpaid 30-minute lunch.
Area Security Access:
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE “L” security clearance.