[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Pantex Project Manager / Engineer
Locations: Panhandle, TX
Duration of Assignment: 12 months
This position will be full time. As a Project Engineer, the candidate will be responsible for managing complex, multi-discipline engineering services (both internal and subcontracted) and component or bulk material procurements in support of projects. May be assigned to support a specific plant organization for all of its engineering needs, including projects and minor non-project modifications and studies, and/or matrixed to a single or multiple project manager(s) for the engineering effort associated with capital or expense-funded activities. Ensures the Engineering organization's performance of the established scope of work and directs development, maintenance, and execution of a project/task technical work scope within budget and schedule. Approves all design deliverables and ensures that all technical input requirements are considered and incorporated and that reviews for constructability, acceptability, operability, maintainability, safety, etc., are performed.
• Extensive technical expertise and full knowledge of related engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering and construction methods and materials, and engineering application of computers.
• Knowledge of industry and regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to various engineering disciplines.
• Ability to apply technical skills of engineering to the design of facilities and/or appurtenances to facilities.
• Ability to coordinate engineering teams and collaborate with stakeholders to outline project requirements and develop scopes of work, project schedules, and budgets.
• Ability to prepare, read, and/or interpret complex engineering drawings.
• Ability to conduct formal presentations to plant personnel and other interested parties.
• Ability to review projects for technical accuracy.
• Ability to present information clearly and effectively through the oral and written word.
• Proficient use of computer software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite - Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote, SharePoint, Skype; Microsoft Project, Adobe Acrobat, etc.)
**Position requires essential physical and cognitive capabilities (e.g. ability to sit, stand, and walk for long periods and distances; ability to climb ladders; ability to stoop, kneel, squat; ability to perform elevated work; ability to work in temperature extremes; high attention to detail and ability to gather, sort, and record accurate information; proficient in problem solving, comprehension, communication, prioritization, teamwork, and negotiation, etc.)
***HRP is preferred
A "Q" Clearance is required. Must be a US Citizen with the ability to maintain a Clearance.
Minimum Education and Experience:
BA/BS Degree plus 5-9 years of experience
Bachelor of Science in [Electrical, Civil, Mechanical, or Chemical] Engineering from an Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited program in the United States or designated equivalents from Canada or Mexico, the Washington Accord, or the list of substantially equivalent as documented by ABET. A Professional Engineering License (PE) is preferred but not required. Typical experience could range from five to twenty plus years.