[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is seeking a junior to mid level Electrical Engineer for a 6-month contract assignment at the Hanford Waste Treatment Plant in Richland, WA. This role offers a W2 hourly pay rate with time and a half for overtime, per diem, and mobilization/demobilization.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Pay Rate - $60.00 Max per hour pending education and experience
• Primary engineering activities will be to provide the engineering design for HLW electrical systems and equipment for the entire facility in preparation for procurement and construction.
• This work includes the use of SETROUTE, BlockDraw, and ETAP for the HLW design.
• Individual must have an understanding of all engineering discipline drawings and electrical discipline wiring diagrams, control logic diagrams, system descriptions, system calculations, 1-line and 3-line drawings, schematics, electrical equipment layout and be able to size and specify equipment and perform cable sizing calculations.
• Performs special tasks and calculations/studies.
Conducts checking as required.
• Properly interprets and applies codes & standards and customer design requirements, for applicability to electrical design documents, specifications, material requisitions, and system descriptions related to design tasks.
• Must be a self-starter and capable of independent creative design, with direction, using Bechtel and industry-proven concepts, and procedures. Must work well with others, other disciplines, and groups. Must have experience with an electronic Cable Management System, such as the SETROUTE program, and be able to input and complete corrections to the database.
• Must be able to effectively communicate and work well with others and within a team. Must be able to work well with other disciplines and functions.
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering, from an accredited university, with 3 years of related electrical engineering experience.
• Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the construction site), and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
• Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site.
• US Citizenship Required
• Experience in Electrical Engineering developing documentation for Conceptual, Preliminary, and Final Design.
• FE/EIT Certification or able to obtain within 12 months of employment.
• Working knowledge of electrical codes and standards (NFPA, ANSI/IEEE, etc.).
• Working knowledge on electrical systems, schematics, and electrical equipment layouts.
• Working knowledge of electrical equipment specification and material requisition process and developing procurement documentation in BPS.
• Experience with industry-wide electrical design tools, such as CAD 2D, ETAP, and Cable Management System.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• MS degree in Electrical Engineering, from an accredited university, with 1 year of related electrical engineering
• Knowledge of Bechtel corporate guides and standards.
• Experience in facility construction, start-up and maintenance practices.
• Previous Bechtel and/or DOD or DOE project experience.
Johnson Service Group, Inc. (JSG) is a North American leader in the staffing and consulting services industry, with over 35 years of experience investing in people and companies.
**Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.