[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
UDR is seeking qualified candidates for a Fitness Center Operations Manager opportunity to support our customer in Richland County (Columbia), South Carolina at the McEntire Joint National Guard Base. The position is not eligible for telework.
Work hours for this position are Tuesday through Friday, 0700 through 1700, and on scheduled Drill Weekends, as published annually by the Base Commander, except on recognized US holidays or when the Government facility/installation is closed due to local or national emergencies, administrative closings, or similar Government-directed facility/installation closings.
• Work with Commander’s and their staff to assess and enroll Service Members into the Health and Wellness Program identified through the Air National Guard Physical Training (PT) testing program. Program goal is to reduce the current 8% failure rate by 2% in the contract base year and each subsequent option period for an overall reduction in failure rate to less than 5% of service members.
• Provide monthly status reports of all program activities, to include travel and event activities (dates/location/cost), to the Base Services Manager no later than five days of the last day of each month.
• Track participant enrollment and use of services (Initial contract/follow-ups). Maintain a case file on each member, including but not limited to, initial evaluation, progress, and appointment frequency; and provide monthly progress to each member’s immediate supervisor throughout duration of enrollment, until either removal of program, or successful completion of PT test.
• Attend all IDT or Annual Training (AT) periods and conduct a unit level introductory briefing with a focus on raising awareness of the program, education, conducting PT, and to enroll additional members into established Health and Wellness programs on a voluntary basis.
• Inspect the facility and equipment daily upon arrival, and record on inspection log to account for and verify status of equipment and facilities. Provide findings to Base Services Manager on the last duty day of each week.
• Maintain cleanliness and hygiene of workout facility and all fitness equipment, to include, providing wipes to utilize for cleaning of fitness equipment. Additionally, provide a deep clean quarterly of the entire gym facility.
• Assist patrons by answering questions, both in person and over the phone, about proper equipment use, facility rules, and programs offered by the facility.
• Ensure patrons are correctly using equipment by providing verbal and demonstrative guidance on proper use, including wiping down equipment after use.
• Assist patrons by providing exercise, PT, and nutrition guidance/program development according to military regulations.
• At close of business, and when no patrons are present, power off all electronic equipment and turn off lights.
• Possess a certified personal fitness trainer certification and nutritional certification. This certification shall be valid for the duration of this contract.
• Maintain certification in First Aid, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Basic Life Support (BLS), and Automated External Defibrillator (AED). The contractor will receive government orientation on applicable operating instructions, blood-borne pathogen training, and facility equipment familiarization training.
• Should have at least one year experience in personal training, or equivalent education or experience. To successfully meet the performance objectives of this contract, the Contractor should possess the following knowledge and skill contained in AFI 36-2905, Fitness Program; and AFI 34-266, Air Force Fitness and Sports Programs.
$50,000 - $60,000 annual salary + 80 Hours of PTO annually + 96 Hours of Holiday Pay Annually. Individual will also have the option to enroll in full insurance plan to include medical/dental/vision coverage.