[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
ReNuke Services is seeking a Project Controls Specialist for our client’s site in Charlotte, NC!
This position is responsible for initiating and completing routine aspects of project control assignments. This position performs the more complex aspects of estimating, scheduling, change documentation and cost control. The Project Controls Specialist II (PCS-II) is a critical position as part of a project team. This position supports Project Managers and possibly Senior Project Controls Specialists on varying size projects. Using prescribed methods and tools, the position is responsible for performing primary aspects of project control assignments. The position is considered a technical, SME, support position and requires college level reasoning via formal education or work experience. It requires working knowledge to proficient use, understanding and application of project controls principles and associated project controls software tools.
- Generate Periodic Project Controls Reports Generate daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly project controls reports.  Responsible for gathering, verifying, validating, and analyzing data in support of project controls reporting.  Responsible for distributing and archiving project controls reports as appropriate.
- Perform Change Control. Track and manage changes to the project scope, schedule, and cost baseline.  Identify, assess, gain approval for, and distribute change requests, change notices and/or change orders in a manner compliant with internal governance standards and terms and conditions of relevant contracts (as appropriate).
- Project Controls Benchmarking and Self-Assessment Initiatives. Assist in scheduling and carrying out benchmarking and self-assessment initiatives relevant to project controls and the types of projects typically managed by the project controls group.  Identify and communicate improvement opportunities, adoption of best practices and counter measures to address gaps in performance.
- Expertise in Project Controls Methodologies.  Develops and maintains WBS, project schedules, cost estimates, track, and trend cash flow reports, change control documentation (scope, cost, or schedule) and/or any reports associated with project controls. Tracks and reports project status performs variance, earned value and critical path analyses at a level appropriate for the project.
- Create and Maintain Project Estimate. Work with Estimator(s) to create or create project cost estimate to establish effective cost controls management.  Assure that project estimate includes all necessary raw materials, resource / labor rates, manufactured materials / equipment as well as current industry data relative to project scope.  Manage the estimate according to PMCoE Estimating Standard and review cycle.
- Effective Team Participation.   The PCS is responsible for maintaining effective relationships with customers, supports the resolution of quality issues and completes assignments (proposals, project tasks, reports, etc.) as negotiated. Displays proficiency in conflict resolution and reaching win-win outcomes among team members
- Associates Degree in Engineering OR
- Associates Degree in Project management OR
- Associates Degree in Finance OR
- Associates Degree in Business AND
- 2 years minimum required related experience
- In Lieu of Degree, High School / GED and minimum 5 years required related experience
Strongly Desired Qualifications:
- Hands on experience in the navigation and use of Oracle’s Primavera P6 scheduling tool
- Working knowledge/proficiency with project management concepts, project controls concepts, computer applications such as scheduling software, financial tools, and spreadsheets
- Highly engaged self-starter, identifying problems and offering possible solutions and taking appropriate action for resolution
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Certified Associate of Project Management
- Project Management Professional Certification
- Experience using software such as Business Objects, MS Office Suite, Visio, Power Plan or Maximo
- Transmission Project Controls, Management or Construction Experience
- Experience working with a Regulated Utility Company, Coal Fired Generating Plants, or large complex engineering and construction programs or project in fixed price and/or T&M environment a plus
- Program or project Risk Program Control experience
- Demonstrated experience with schedule integration of multiple projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of analyzing, integrating, trending, and forecasting schedule information for projects
- Demonstrated knowledge and usage of earned value techniques
- Proven collaborative team member
- Understanding of the PMCoE project lifecycle
- Database and Reporting experience
- Previous experience with EcoSys
- 4-year degree – Construction Management, Business, Project Management, Engineering, or equivalent
Hybrid – Work will be performed from both remote and onsite locations after the onboarding period. However, hybrid employees should live within a reasonable commute to Charlotte, NC.
OT: not expected regularly. Some weeks it could be 0-10 hours.
This is a scheduling role. Project controls scheduling should be the focus of candidate experience. Scheduling tools: Primavera P6 is *highly* preferred, but Microsoft Project scheduling experience could be sufficient. Please make sure to detail scheduling experience in the submission.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your answers the following questions:
REQUIRED FOR SUBMISSION:
Candidates must answer these questions in order to be submitted. Answers must be included in the summary section of the submission template on the resume. NOT in the comments section in Fieldglass.
1) Tell me about your experience with P6 and how you have used it to control projects.
2) Describe the steps you take when reviewing schedules with Project Managers.
3) How would you deal with a schedule where data is missing?
4) Describe a time when you had to pick up someone else’s schedule. What did you do to get up to speed? What did you look for?
5) Tell me about a project scheduling challenge you faced. How did you overcome it?
DNJP18171 – PROJECT CONTROLS SPECIALIST II – CHARLOTTE, NC - 3 YEARS