[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
1. Perform inspections of installations of structures, systems, and components from beginning through completion. Assure compliance with codes (e.g., ASME, AWS, IEEE, NFPA), specifications, drawings, procedures, and the ES&H program. This includes:
• Perform in-process and field installation weld and machined parts inspections per drawings, code requirements and PPPL procedures.
• Perform mechanical and weld receiving inspections of parts supplied by subcontractors/vendors drawings, code requirements and procedures.
• Perform inspections, surveillances and walkthrough oversight of work activities, and safety conditions.
• Use measuring equipment to perform detailed inspections of machined parts or assembled components.
• Generates and issues inspection reports, nonconformance reports, and activity reports.
• Identifies general problem areas that may span many work activities and could potentially impact Lab quality or ES&H, provides management with potential solutions to correct the problems.
• Inspect HVAC equipment, concrete forming and reinforcements, fire barrier.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
1. High school graduate or equivalent is required. Associates or B.S. degree in engineering or technical field highly desirable.
2. Ten (10) years of related experience in equivalent inspection activities associated with power plants, heavy industrial facilities, or similar facilities. At least two (2) years of this experience should be associated with accelerator facilities, nuclear facilities, or the aerospace, defense, or military industries.
3. Experience reading technical specifications, procedures, and drawings is required.