[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SEND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position requires an understanding of PRA principles and preferably familiarity with the ASME/ANS PRA standard. While this position requires knowledge of sodium fast reactor technology, this knowledge can be obtained on the job through various in-house training workshops and interaction with TerraPower staff.
• Manage PRA work performed inside and outside of TerraPower in coordination with plant design, deterministic safety analysis, and other disciplines.
• Ensure that the PRA is appropriate and used for the reactor design and within regulatory requirements, guidance, and standards such as risk-informed performance-based technology guidance for Non-Light Water Reactors (NEI 18-04) and ASME/ANS Non-Light Water PRA standard.
• Participate in the development of planning and schedule for PRA related activities.
• Provide technical guidance to engineers and managers on reliability and various PRA-related topics.
• Participate in PRA peer reviews.
• As needed, can support the development of event and fault trees, in-vessel radiological transport models, containment transport models, and mechanistic radiological release categories for PRA models.
• Work with an interdisciplinary team of engineers to establish core and reactor SSC functional, reliability, performance, safety, and quality requirements as well as support the overall design.
• Establish and maintain documentation of model development and analysis results.
• Perform engineering reviews of analyses and other engineering design media.
• Develop containment fault trees and event trees to reflect most up to date design using CAFTA.
• Group similar source terms for assignment to event sequence end states.
• Perform risk integration using the PRA model to report risk metrics and importance measures.
• Perform focused PRA analysis to support trade studies.
• Perform hand calculations using first principles to assess and validate more complex models for system performance, containment performance, and radiological consequences.
• Prepare topical reports describing PRA methods and analytical results for customers and regulators.
• Deliver presentations for internal management and external customers and regulators.