[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Title- Senior Licensing Engineer-Nuclear
Duration- 7 months plus
Location- Reston, VA
Pay- $75- $95 hr
if interested send updated resume firstname.lastname@example.org
MUST be near Northern Virginia/Washington DC area.
US Citizenship Required
This position will be responsible for executing assignments concerned with specialized or unique engineering/licensing requirements for the Natrium project. This position has technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, and coordinating these assignments. This involves exploration of a subject area, the definition of scope, and may involve the development of novel concepts, approaches, and solutions. Additionally, this position will be interfacing and coordinating with other engineering disciplines and the teaming partners in the development of the design and licensing documents.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience in nuclear plant licensing and the application of the Licensing Modernization Program (NEI 18-04) to a license application. The ideal candidate will also be capable of developing licensing data/documents and supporting other disciplines design and have experience interfacing with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. The ideal candidate must also have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), promoting our leadership, quality, and safety values, to external partners including vendors, construction companies, and other subcontractors.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work to discipline work processes and assure technical adequacy in accordance with company, contract, and industry codes and standards.
• Be accountable for error-free deliverables.
• Develop, check, and review technical reports and studies, and licensing documentation.
• Work in an inclusive team environment where all are able and expected to contribute to the maximum of their capabilities. Work with the team and ensure goals are met.
• Establish and maintain work plans to ensure schedules are met and stakeholder requirements are satisfied. Provide input to estimate hours and schedules.
• Devise new approaches to solving problems from a variety of detailed technical options and assess cost implications.
• Support licensing efforts that drive the cost-effective design for the entire facility.
• Ensure compliance with flow sheet and safety requirements in all licensing documents and thorough review of detailed design.
• Identify major technical uncertainties and present solution options for management decisions.
• Develop the analysis and solution of licensing problems and interpret drawings, verbal instructions, and applicable codes relevant to project requirements and demonstrate the ability to articulate explanations.
• Ensure regulatory requirements are followed and conduct quality checks for licensing products.
• Perform other related work as assigned by the Engineering Group Supervisor.
Grade 26: BS or advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or another technical field from an accredited university or college with nine (9) years of progressive related experience.
Grade 27: BS or advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or another technical field from an accredited university or college with thirteen (13) years of progressive related experience.
Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
US citizen or legal resident.
• Related experience includes licensing work for nuclear power facilities and interface with NRC and/or DOE regulators.
• Experience in nuclear plant design (power plant or DOE nuclear facility).
• U.S. Professional Engineering License in Mechanical, Nuclear, or Chemical Engineering (or ability to obtain within 12 months).
• Knowledge of industry and regulatory guides, codes, and standards including the application of NEI 18-04 for license application.
• Hands-on Microsoft office programs and other computer programs.
• Extensive knowledge of licensing processes and procedures.
• Excellent oral and written communication, planning, and organizational skills.
• Lead or supervisory experience on large projects.
• Previous DOD or DOE project experience.