[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Senior Mechanical Engineer – 701862 - SRS
Duration: 1 Year Contract (2080 ST/1100 OT)
US Citizenship Required
Provide design engineering support to the Savannah River Plutonium Processing Facility (SRPPF) project as a Mechanical Engineering Design Engineering Integrator. Primary responsibilities include oversite of Architect Engineering (AE) firms preparing new and modification to existing mechanical equipment and associated systems for the SRPPF project. Secondary responsibility includes preparation of engineering analysis, design requirement development, and generation of design output documents. Coordinate review of design documents and records among various organizations such as Operations, Engineering, Construction, etc. Provide support to construction, support procurement of mechanical equipment, provide start up trouble shooting.
Candidate must demonstrate 10 or more years design experience in the field of Mechanical Engineering. Candidate must demonstrate experience creating and revising engineering design documentation in one or more of the following areas: HVAC flow, Process Flow; Rotating Equipment, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams; System Descriptions; Mechanical Equipment Lists; Mechanical Equipment Sizing; Material Handling Design; Fire Protection Design; Sizing Calculations, and/or Vendor Document Reviews.
• Candidate must be able to perform field walk-downs to document as-installed conditions and to inspect equipment condition.
• Must be familiar with one or more of ASRAE, ARI, NFPA, SMACN, and ASME National Codes and Standards.
• Knowledge of the design approach associated with nuclear facility design, including the application of safety class and safety significant codes and standards, is preferred.
• Previous SRS Design Engineering experience and working knowledge of SRNS design processes and procedures is preferred.
• Working design experience in a nuclear industry/facility is preferred.
• Experience in 2D MicroStation Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) is preferred.
• Occasional travel is required.
BS Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Civil Engineering. (AND/OR) current registration as a Professional Engineer in either Mechanical, Chemical or Civil Engineering.
Nuclear work experience. (Preferred)
SRS Engineering or DOE facility experience. (Preferred)
The ability to support a 40-hour work week utilizing a 4/10s shift (10 hours/day; Monday through Thursday) is preferred. If unavailable to support a 40-hr work week, please propose the level of support that can be provided. Part time support will be considered. (Preferred)
Demonstrate 5 years of Mechanical, Chemical or Civil Engineering experience in the nuclear or chemical process industry and possess a strong working knowledge of coatings for harsh environments.
Strong technical writing and communication skills.
Knowledge of Industrial Coatings.
Able to walk down systems in the field and support nonconformance issues in real time.
Supplier shall possess a positive FOCI determination from DOE which includes “Q” security clearance level.
Telephone interview to validate resume/submittal data may occur.
Telephone number of the candidate is required with the proposal.
Reference check to evaluate performance capability may occur.
Offeror must identify sub-tier company, OLH Inc, if applicable with proposal.
US Citizenship Required.