home >> nuclear >> job board >> post

DESIGNER (NUCLEAR)

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

Airswift is seeking a Designer for a 1-year contract with the opportunity to extend in Surry, VA.

The selected candidate will Design, Draft, and Review the manual and the electronic detailed Electrical/I&C engineering drawings, such as wiring & logic drawings, demolition drawings, layout drawings, and construction drawings. This position acts as a technical expert for Electrical/I&C detailing and drafting and may coordinate and direct the work of other lower-level designers as applicable. Will require construction site visits. Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Job Responsibilities:
Electrical/I&C design support for multiple Dominion Energy Power Generation generating stations
Preparation and review of Electrical/I&C drawings in support of various power station engineering projects
Preparation and review of Electrical/I&C drawing standards for Power Generation Engineering department
Perform site investigations as required
Provide construction support as required
Review and comment on 3rd party Vendor, Architect, and Engineer drawing submittals
Maintain & Update Electrical/I&C drawing record
Required Skills:
Bentley MicroStation CAD software experience
AutoCAD CAD software experience
Thorough knowledge of electrical/I&C engineering, design, & construction principles
Knowledge of applicable regulations, related codes, and standards
Ability to plan, organize, and schedule work independently; to complete drawings for large and/or complex systems; and to research and implement new applications within the Dominion CADD system
Strong MicroStation skills
Strong Microsoft Office skills including but not limited to: Office, Word, Excel, Etc.
Strong math skills including geometry and trigonometry required to perform calculations as required
Excellent communication skills
Well-developed and effective interpersonal skills
Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
Ability to be on-time and present in (office environment)
Ability to be on-time and self-motivated in (remote environment)
Proficiency in ProjectWise drawing file management system (preferred)

Education/Experience:
Associates Degree Preferred (demonstrated related knowledge, skills, experience may be substituted for preferred education)
5+ years of Electrical/I&C design

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. - All rights reserved.
Use of the Roadtechs.com website implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement and acknowledgment of our Privacy Policy.