[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Oversaes Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 526200
Posted By: San Juan Construction
Posted On: 2019-06-23 00:04:01
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link: Web site
Subject: Long term Overseas employment opportunity/Dive Supervisor
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 81401
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 9704978328
Kwajalein Atoll located in the Marshall Islands
Start date: ASAP
Duration 1-year contract with possible extension
Rotation 4 months on and 2 weeks off.
Tax free status after 330 days
Bonuses/Company pays for housing and food.
50hr + work weeks.
Current US Passport preferred.
OSHA 10 or basic plus preferred
Summary: The Dive Team Supervisor is the “Designated Person in Charge” (DPIC) of each assigned diving operation. The DPIC is responsible for the planning and execution of the diving operation, including the responsibility for the safety and health of the entire dive team They must adhere to and maintain strict compliance with corporate policies and procedures, established health and safety protocols, and all applicable governmental agency regulations.
This position is located on Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands, RMI
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Diving procedures and techniques
• Emergency Procedures
• Physiology and Physics as they relate to diving
• Diving equipment
• Fully understand San Juan Construction, Inc. standard emergency diving procedures.
• Must exhibit professionalism, positive attitude and commitment to the benefit of San Juan Construction, Inc.
• Learn standard terminology and use 3-way communication to report underwater conditions.
• Experience with operations and maintenance of underwater tools including: hydraulic tools, pneumatic tools, welding tools, burning tools, hand tools, cameras, and other inspection tools.
• Communicates clearly and concisely in a variety of communication settings and style.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalency
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Valid driver’s license
• SSA divers Certificate showing training provided by one of the following: A commercial Dive School, Military School, Federal School, Association of Commercial Diving Educators (ACDE) accredited school.
• Shall be in possession of an up-to-date diver’s logbook which can be used to establish levels of experience. Proof of certification (a diploma and/or official transcript) as a commercial diver from an accredited commercial dive school and other dive-related training certificates (e.g. chamber operator, saturation diver, etc.) are required as proof of a dive team member’s certification and/or experience.
• An ADCI card or similar certification from an internationally recognized commercial diving organization may be substituted as proof of training for divers demonstrating more than five (5) years of diving experience within the six (6) years preceding beginning of dive operations.
• Dive log showing experience as a Dive Supervisor.
• Must have a minimum of 1 year of commercial experience as a dive supervisor.
• Divers shall have completed at least 4 working dives to 50fsw and using the no-decompression dive table. The type of equipment used must also be noted. Divers shall demonstrate that at least 1 of the 4 qualification dives was performed in the last 9 months prior to the start of dive operations.
• Must have current certification in first aid and CPR from the American Red Cross (ARC), the American Heart Association (AHA), or from an organization whose training adheres to the standards of the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation, or from a Licensed Physician.
• Must have current certification in the use of emergency oxygen systems, and, if provided on the dive site, the use of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs). Must have certificate stating the date of issue and length of validity. Training must be specific to underwater diving operations.
• Shall be capable of passing annual ADCI diving physical.
• Experience with inspecting sheet pile a plus.
•Must be willing to work odd hours and/or split shifts to include days, nights and/or weekends
•Must be able to bend and climb to meet the demands of the job.
•Must be able to use a variety of tools and machinery related to the job.
•Must be able to lift and carry heavy objects at least 50lbs. (occasionally 75-100lbs) and walk extensively on various surfaces.
•The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions
•The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
•The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
•Must have visual acuity and distinguish colors
•Must be able to wear personal protective equipment when required.
COMMENTS: Certifications and documentation needed:
4 Dive Supervisor Logs
4 Dive Logs
AED, CPR, O2, 1ST AIDE Certifications
Dive to Fit Physical
Dive Supervisor Credentials
San Juan Construction, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, applicants and/or employees who inquiry about, discuss or disclose their compensation or compensation of other employees or applicants, or any other protected status established by law. San Juan Construction complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company conducts business. This EEO policy applies to all decisions including, but not be limited to the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; selection for training, including apprenticeship; and to all other terms and conditions of employment.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
96 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.