[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Oversaes Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Kwajalein Atoll located in the Marshall Islands
Start date: ASAP
Duration 1-year contract with possible extension
Rotation 4 months on and 2 weeks off.
Tax free status after 330 days
Bonuses/Company pays for housing and food.
50hr + work weeks.
Current US Passport preferred.
OSHA 10 or basic plus preferred
The Superintendent directs construction activities at the project site in accordance with pre-established schedules, budgets, plans, specifications, and procedures. Responsibilities also include, but are not limited to, planning work, determining techniques to be used, and supervising, training, appraising, and apportioning work among crew personnel. All work to be performed in a safe and professional manner.
Requirements: SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE
1. Marine Construction experience as a Superintendent.
2. Civil and Concrete experience as a Superintendent
1. Become familiar with the project peculiarities and offer practical advice pertaining to the various project schedules and budgets from the office or owner.
2. Assist Superintendent with organizing and scheduling subcontractors for timely project completion.
3. Continually review project progress, schedules, and requirements for completion
4. Recommend changes in methods, schedules, procedures, and improvements where practical on the project.
5. Maintain a close working relationship with the Superintendent to ensure proper coordination of responsibility for the project.
6. Ensure proper paper flow and information reporting from the field to the to the project office. Document delivery commitments, field dimensions, and any other necessary correspondence.
7. Advise supervisor of any personnel on the project site not performing according to procedures, policies, and schedules.
8. Conduct meetings with crew to schedule and coordinate the activities to be accomplished during the week. Direct crew throughout the week to assure successful completion.
9. Appraise performance of crew personnel and make recommendations as to advancement, promotion, firing, or other changes in status.
10. Ensure that all company policies/programs including, but not limited to safety, Prohibited Harassment, Code of Ethics and EEO are fully enforced at all times on the project.
11. Assist Superintendent with timely job close-out and punch list completion
12. Ensure quality standards are maintained
13. Maintain neat and orderly job-site and personal appearance
14. Verify delivery of materials as to quantity, condition, and compliance with vendor delivery receipts. Alert Superintendent of delivery problems (damage, shortages, backorders, etc).
15. Assist with training subordinate employees as required for performance of tasks in the company interest.
16. Verify all field directives from owner through Superintendent before commencing changes in scope or original design of contract documents.
17. Inspect, operate and maintain tools and equipment needed on the job.
18. Provide on-site supervision needed to:
1. Clarify drawing dimensions and discrepancies
2. Coordinate interfacing of various trades to prevent obstruction or phasing problems.
3. Suggest installation methods
4. Provide quality standards and reject improper installations.
5. Alert proper authorities to potential design problems or unforeseen site interference
19. Perform related work as apparent or assigned by Superintendent
20. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, co-workers, and management.
21. 22. Other duties as assigned.
22. PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS
23. Physically, must be able to Stoop, bend, crouch and climb; use hands, arms, legs fully; see well (either naturally or with correction); and lift up to 50 pounds, with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Per contract requirements on Kwajalein, worker must be able to pass a DOT Physical. Additionally, worker must be cleared by a physician to perform the above noted essential job functions with or without an accommodation on the remote island of Kwajalein where limited medical facilities are available.
25. The above document is a job description, which covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
26. This job description does not: (1) alter any employee’s at-will employment relationship with San Juan Construction, Inc.; (2) give rise to contractual rights; or (3) give rise to an enforceable commitment. San Juan Construction, Inc. reserves the right to alter or amend this job description at any time and without prior notice to its employees.
“San Juan Construction, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status established by law. San Juan Construction complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company conducts business. This EEO policy applies to all decisions including, but not be limited to the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; selection for training, including apprenticeship; and to all other terms and conditions of employment.”