[Turbine Mechanic] ST/Gas Turbine Mechanic
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Oversaes Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Category: Contractual Employee
Experience Level: Mid-level (> 1year or 5 jobs)
The Gas/Steam Turbine Mechanic is a field-based employee who performs mechanical work on gas/steam turbines on-site. The employee will work on a contractor basis and will be sent to customersí sites by air or car, depending on travel distance. Taking performance and evaluation feedback into consideration, upon completion of a customerís power plant shut-down, the employee may be sent on another assignment to a different customerís site within Texas and surrounding states
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Perform work with highest regard to safety and quality
- Participate in the assembly and disassembly of gas & steam turbines and other rotating equipment
- Use precision measurement equipment such as calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Use specialty hydraulic tools such as Hytorc and/or ITH
- Properly rig equipment, and/or operate forklifter / overhead cranes if certified
- Basic mechanical skills such as drilling, using wrenches, filing, etc.
- Basic skills with measurement tools such mircometer
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Willing to travel extensively across the country to different power plants
- Preference for candidates with experience in rotating equipment such as diesel/gas engines, steam turbines and/or compressors
Benefits of Shanahan Engineering include:
- Earning competitive pay while on productive assignments, including per-diem and Mob and den Demob allowances
- Receiving world-class technical training, as well as Shanahan Engineering safety, human performance and customer service training
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.