[Mechanic] ST/Gas Turbine Mechanic
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Oversaes Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Shanahan engineering is preparing future projects in Texas and Southern States for upcoming months.
Job Title: ST/Gas Turbine Mechanic
Job Category: Contractual Employee
Experience Level: Mid-level (> 1year or 5 jobs)
The Gas/Steam Turbine Mechanic is a field-based employee who performs mechanical work on gas/steam turbines on-site. The employee will work on a contractor basis and will be sent to customersí sites by air or car, depending on travel distance. Taking performance and evaluation feedback into consideration, upon completion of a customerís power plant shut-down, the employee may be sent on another assignment to a different customerís site within Texas and surrounding states
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Perform work with highest regard to safety and quality
- Participate in the assembly and disassembly of gas & steam turbines and other rotating equipment
- Use precision measurement equipment such as callipers, micrometres, etc.
- Use specialty hydraulic tools such as Hy-torc and/or ITH
- Properly rig equipment, and/or operate forklifter / overhead cranes if certified
- Basic mechanical skills such as drilling, using wrenches, filing, etc.
- Basic skills with measurement tools such micrometre
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Willing to travel extensively across the country to different power plants
- Preference for candidates with experience in rotating equipment such as diesel/gas engines, steam turbines and/or compressors
Benefits of Shanahan Engineering include:
- Earning competitive pay while on productive assignments, including per-diem and Mob and den Demob allowances
- Receiving world-class technical training, as well as Shanahan Engineering safety, human performance and customer service training
Shanahan are a global field services and contracting company in the power and energy industries.