[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Oversaes Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Heavy Equipment Operator Crusher with Mechanic experience
Operates several types of power construction equipment, such as compressors, pumps, hoists, derricks, cranes, shovels, tractors, scrapers, or motor graders, to excavate, move, and grade search, erect structural and reinforcing steel, and pour concrete or other hard surface paving materials. Must have Crusher experience as well as maintenance of the Crusher experience.
1. Performs pre-operation and post-operation inspection of the equipment, and ensures windows, lights, mirrors and rear-view camera are clean.
2. Safely and productively operates equipment including excavator, compactor, bulldozer, forklift, front end loader and other equipment, using proper techniques.
3. Runs the Crusher and maintains the Crusher mechanically.
4. Monitors each load of waste, watching for signs of unacceptable waste, and notifies a supervisor if unacceptable waste is detected.
5. Achieves maximum productivity by meeting and/or exceeding established productivity standards.
6. Adheres to all safety and company standards and rules to include hard hat and safety vest use as directed. Ensures all safety rules are adhered to by co-workers and customers and reports any safety violations to supervisor.
7. Continuously monitors the equipment to ensure proper operation and minimal down time. Cleans tracks or wheels on equipment.
8. Performs and documents minor service on equipment and performs and documents a post-trip/post-use inspection of the equipment.
9. Completes Equipment Condition Report and reports any necessary repairs to supervisor and/or Maintenance Shop. Completes other required forms.
10. Ensures that equipment is properly cleaned, serviced and stored at the end of each shift.
11. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
12. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE
Educational and experience preferences: Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. 2-4 years experience in duties described above and/or equivalent combination of experience and technical training or apprenticeship program.
Workers should be able to: Read engineering drawing; practice good safety habits; work in dusty or dirty surroundings; follow instructions and meet set standards; judge distances and slopes accurately; and make decisions based on verifiable standards. Run the crusher and be able to fix the crusher mechanically. Physically, workers must be able to: Stoop, bend, and crouch; use hands, arms, legs fully; see well (either naturally or with correction); and lift to 50 pounds, with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
PREFERRED EQUIPMENT EXPERIENCE
Front End Loader
Telescopic Fork Lift
MINIMUM REQUIRED TOOLS
25 ft Tape Measure
16 oz Claw Hammer
8 Crescent Wrench (Adjustable Wrench)
Pair of Rubber Boots
The above document is a job description, which covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
This job description does not: (1) alter any employees at-will employment relationship with San Juan Construction, Inc.; (2) give rise to contractual rights; or (3) give rise to an enforceable commitment. San Juan Construction, Inc. reserves the right to alter or amend this job description at any time and without prior notice to its employees.
San Juan Construction, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status established by law. San Juan Construction complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company conducts business. This EEO policy applies to all decisions including, but not be limited to the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; selection for training, including apprenticeship; and to all other terms and conditions of employment.