[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Oversaes Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Overseas Environmental Manager
Responsible for overall management of environmental goals for the project and implementing procedures for environmental protection and compliance to local, state, federal and country laws. Establish and maintain effective working relationship with Project Manager, Superintendents, Quality Control Manager, Subcontractors, Suppliers and Customers.
ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGER TYPICAL DUTIES:
1. Develop a thorough understanding of the entire scope of work including plans, specifications, logistics, materials, equipment, submittal requirements and other requirements.
2. Inspect and audit construction sites to ensure compliance with the project specifications, applicable federal, and local environmental regulations, including compiling and maintaining required documentation.
3. Provide expertise in contaminated media removal, containment, and disposal.
4. Plan, develop, implement and manage Waste Management Plan.
5. Plan, develop, implement and manage Environmental Protection Plan.
6. Ensure compliance with the USAKA Environmental Standards (UES).
7. Serve as technical advisor to project management on environmental issues which includes: training, programming, and problem resolution.
8. Develop and implement environmental training to SJC personnel in accordance with their position requirements.
9. Monitor and document environmental procedures; may include report writing.
10. Prepare and submit revisions to the Environmental Protection Plan (EPP) to include the SWPPP and SPCC.
11. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, co-workers, supervisors, and management.
12. Participate in environmental studies and prepare environmental impact reports.
13. Obtain soil samples utilizing a PetroFlag sampling system and provide reports on results.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Educational and experience requirements include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering or related discipline.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience of environmental work on construction projects of a progressive nature
• Federal Contracting experience
• Write, implement, and adhere to Environmental Protection Plan (EPP)
• Manifesting hazardous waste to be removed
• Spill prevention, containment, clean up, and reporting
• Pollution prevention measures
• Control of asbestos and paint with lead.
• All environmental permits and commitments required by all applicable regulations
• Conduct environmental protection/pollution control training
• Post construction cleanup
• Familiarity with Environmental Management Systems (EMSs)
• Familiarity with environmental regulations application to construction operations
• Experience developing and delivering environmental training to a variety of audiences
Requirements may vary depending on individual project specifications. Workers should be able to: perform a variety of duties which change often; plan, direct, and control work activities; maintain agreeable working conditions with others; rate information using personal judgment or standards which can be measure or checked; deal with people in actual job duties beyond giving and receiving instructions; see details and detect errors in numbers spelling, and punctuation in written materials, charts, or tables; and understand ideas and present information clearly. Physically workers must be able to: climb and maintain balance on scaffold and ladder; see well (naturally or with correction) and distinguish colors; use hands to reach for, handle, and feel objects; physical activity requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work and include walking, climbing and standing on uneven surfaces.
The above description covers the qualifications, principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day or additional qualifications/certifications which may be required. This job description does not: (1) alter any employee’s at-will employment relationship with San Juan Construction, Inc.; (2) give rise to contractual rights; or (3) give rise to an enforceable commitment. San Juan Construction, Inc. reserves the right to alter or amend this job description at any time and without prior notice to its employees.
“San Juan Construction, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status established by law. San Juan Construction complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company conducts business. This EEO policy applies to all decisions including, but not be limited to the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; selection for training, including apprenticeship; and to all other terms and conditions of employment.”