Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 77507
The I&E Reliability Engineer will be part of the Owners Reliability Group, supporting plant operation and reliability improvement efforts located in the Pasadena, TX area. Working in a team environment, will carry responsibility for implementing reliability best practices, developing and optimizing preventive maintenance tasks, and supporting maintenance activities. The position interacts with other technical groups on site (process engineering, maintenance, and capital project groups), corporate technical networks and peers, and vendors/suppliers as needed to resolve problems and improve plant reliability and performance. This position is heavier on the instrumentation side than the electrical.
- Monitor equipment performance and make improvement recommendations.
- Apply data analysis techniques to develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other problems that adversely affect plant operations including capacity, quality, cost, safety, environmental, and regulatory compliance issues.
- Provide technical support/expertise within discipline in the design and installation stages of projects for new assets and modification of existing assets to minimize life cycle cost and maximize asset availability.
- Lead or participate in incident investigations and root cause analysis.
- Systematically define, design, develop, monitor, and refine an asset maintenance plan that includes: Value-added preventive maintenance tasks; Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems.
- Apply value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign and make/buy decisions.
- Participate in interdisciplinary reliability improvement teams to guide efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, controls, and safety systems.
- Provide technical support within discipline to production, maintenance, project and process engineering.
- Must exhibit an understanding of business drivers, management of change requirements, reliability processes, and maintenance workflow.
- Prepares basic specifications detailing performance requirements, specific components, design requirements, applicable design codes, and vendor drawing requirements.
- Prepares sketches and performs calculations for a specific segment of a project and assists in the development of technical specifications.
- Evaluates vendor bids and drawings to assure compliance with specifications and visits vendor facilities to inspect equipment for compliance with requirements.
- Supports field assignments; visits job-sites to evaluate site, project requirements and conditions.
- Prepares inquiry and purchase requisitions and prepares bid tabulations on simple purchases.
- Performs related fundamental engineering support tasks such as updating computer lists, filing prints, distributing drawings, making simple calculations, proofreading reports, etc.
- Develops a focus on least cost, safe design.
- Maintains a continued awareness of project schedule & budget, keeps supervisor informed of progress.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering
- Must have 3-5 years of experience related to this industry
- Experience in refining, petrochemical, chemical process, or the power generation industry is preferred.
- Must be able to read engineering drawings and reviews vendor drawings.
- Must have a strong familiarity with Word Processing and Excel.
- Must have knowledge and experience in utilizing automated engineering software packages.
- Must have the ability to apply mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Must have the ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- The individual must have or develop basic proficiency in the following areas:
Interpretation and application of industry codes and standards (i.e. IEEE, ISA, NFPA, NEC)
Process instrumentation and control valves
Motors, motor controls, and drives
Analyzers and sample systems
PLC maintenance, troubleshooting, and programming
Distributed control systems
Reliability Engineering concepts
Reliability data analysis techniques
Predictive and Preventive Maintenance concepts
Basic knowledge of power distribution systems
Basic knowledge of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) design and logic
Ability to apply computer software tools (SAP, Microsoft Office, Meridium, CAD)
225 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.