Job Search:

job board -- all
job board -- jobs only
job board -- add a post
           home >> petrochem / fossil / offshore >> job board >> post

Subcontracts Manager - Combined Cycle Projects - Full Time - Charlotte, NC

Posted by: CB&I <scott.nodine@cbi.com> on July 24, 2017 at 00:04:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.Click here for help with email link

Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: Charlotte
State: North Carolina
Zip or Postal Code: 28202

Job Overview:

Supervises a subcontracts team at the project site. Prepares subcontract packages and works with construction team to execute.

Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
Manages the commercial aspects of the subcontracts from inquiry through award, execution, and closeout of the subcontracts pursuant to established procedures.
Is the liaison with Legal regarding Subcontract Terms and Conditions, Project Controls regarding progress and cost forecast, Accounting regarding payment and Engineering regarding the technical content of Subcontract.
Negotiates change orders and other commercial oriented matters through closeout.
Prepares all Subcontract Reports in accordance with established procedures.
Maintains proper files and documentation.
Administers Subcontracts in the Field from award to close-out.
Has accountability for managing financial resources.
Provides technical guidance to employees.
Develops processes and procedures to implement functional strategies.
Has in-depth expertise in own discipline and knowledge of the related disciplines.
Applies technical and/or managerial expertise to improve effectiveness and provide guidance to employees in own area.
Anticipates and interprets customer needs to identify solutions.
Interprets business issues and adapts work priorities in own area.
Manages budget for own area and allocates resources accordingly.
Resolves operational, customer, employee or technical problems that impact the effectiveness of own area.
Develops plans and coordinates resources to meet operational objectives within own area.
Explains difficult concepts and persuades others to adopt a point of view.
Manages the performance of employees through goal setting, ongoing assessment and coaching.
Basic Qualifications:
In addition to Level 1 competencies, manages professional employees and/or supervisors; may manage business support, technical or production staff.
Typically has 2-10 years relevant experience.
Company Overview:

CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.

Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.

76 page view(s)

Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs PetroChem / Fossil / OffShore Job Board ] [ FAQ ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.