Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
Duration- 12 months
Position Type: Contract
Location: Charlotte, NC
The Gas Operations Major Projects team is adding a Materials Expeditor to efficiently manage and oversee materials management processes for pipeline and facility construction projects. This position is responsible for providing project support services for the procurement, movement, location, storage and reconciliation of all materials and parts for a portfolio of 100+ projects. The primary work location will be in the SouthPark area of Charlotte, NC but can also include work at Company Resource Centers and material receiving yards throughout the 5 state operating territory. Excellent customer service skills are required to provide fellow staff and end users responsive service ensuring that the department is establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships. The incumbent in this position must be able to work under pressure and deadlines, carry out written and oral directions.
• Responsible for initiating and completing routine aspects of materials oversight assignments.
• Coordinates with supply chain, field personnel and project management to ensure material is ordered and available in a timely manner to meet project requirements.
• Follow-up on orders, delays, shipping details, etc.
• Manages the disposition of surplus material to ensure that it is transported and stored appropriately and that paperwork is timely, complete and accurate to move surplus material to another project or inventory.
• Maintains accurate inventory lists of material stored at Company locations.
• Validates complete and accurate records are on file prior to releasing inventory.
• Field visits to validate materials storage, reconciliation and reporting.
• Minimum 2 years of experience as a Material Expediter or in Materials Management.
• Basic knowledge of construction and construction material preferably in the pipeline industry.
• Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently under time constraints and job responsibility pressure and stress.
• Valid drivers license. "x1 Education Requirement: 2 year degree – business, finance, project management, engineering, technical or equivalent and 2 plus years of experience. Approximately 5 plus years of experience in lieu of degree
140 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.