Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
DN205145 - IMPLEMENTATION LEAD II - Union, KY – 9 POSITIONS- 3 MONTHS
• Participate as a project team member and provide primary construction oversight of installation contractors to review project scope of works, specifications, and contracts to obtain a good working knowledge of the project prior to installation kick-off.
• Participate in project planning meetings as requested.
• Provide input on constructability and past experience.
• Support Installation Kick-off, Pre-Outage Planning, Installation and Outage meetings with project status and updates.
• Confirm with Project Lead that all appropriate permits and state notifications are in place and issued for construction activities to begin.
• Final verification of contractor safety, equipment, and LOTO training and qualifications.
• Work with Project Lead and installation contractor on schedule development, understand Execution Plans and ensure compliance.
• Act as the primary site contact for the installation contractor, perform frequent field observations to ensure project installation success, provide or arrange for site safety orientation as required to contractor and participate in daily pre-job and mid shift briefs with the installation contractor.
• Conduct walk downs of work areas to ensure that all hazard prevention measures are in place prior to allowing installation contractors to begin work, hold Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) as needed for installation contractor as the Contract Work Leader Site Sponsor (Business Unit dependent).
• Review installation contractor time sheets for T&M contracts for accuracy as required, enforce contract requirements as needed and site security guidelines.
• Alert Project Lead immediately to impending issues and needs, coordinate any Field Changes and Extra Work Authorizations with the Project Lead.
• Monitor and ensure installation contractor compliance with Energy Safety, LOTO, NERC/CIP, FME (foreign material exclusion), and environmental policies.
• Ensure housekeeping standards are enforced, ensure critical lifts are communicated well in advance to station personnel and Project Lead and follow critical lift plans, stop work if a variance is encountered
• Monitor installation contractors QC program and identify compliance issues, attend daily meetings (as needed) with station management to provide updates and a plan for the week.
• Ensure coordination with Station Representative, participate in weekly planning meetings with station personnel to be coordinated with appropriate planner as required and provide project updates to Project Lead on a daily basis via the daily installation report/log.
• Provide weekly written report to project lead for department weekly report inclusion as necessary.
• Implement Emergency Action Plans as needed, ensure installation contractors understand Emergency Action Plan details prior to starting work.
• Report all events including injuries, first aids, environmental events, near misses, and LOTO violations.
• Assist Project Lead with development of field project punch-list, maintain the punch-list, and ensure that the installation contractor adequately completes the punch-list.
• Ensure installation contractor maintains accurate red line/as built drawings throughout project.
• Maintain electronic log of lessons learned and provide to Project Lead at completion of project.
• Participate in Post Project Debrief.
• 7+ years of related experience and 2 year associate technical degree, or • 10+ years of experience in lieu of degree. • Green 1 rated project or multiple White 3 projects
• Safety leadership experience and project construction safety oversight and improvement.
• Experience as an implementation manager, construction manager, or as a shared resource performing a similar role is preferred.
• Previous experience leading a group of craft construction workers from multiple construction trades including daily work plan development and review, field observation, and contract enforcement.
• Experience with generators, transformers, switchgear, motors, variable frequency drives, batteries and chargers, controls and other electrical equipment OR experience with rotating equipment (pumps, etc.), turbine, boilers, emissions control equipment, cooling towers, condensers, coal and coal handling, BOP, and/or other mechanical equipment.
• Experience in the utility industry.
98 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.