Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
System One is currently seeking a Distribution Design Technician on a 6 month contract position for a major utility located in Hazleton, PA.
Design Technician Responsibilities:
- Handle and assist with all assigned project details, and inquiries regarding scheduling, billing, availability, pricing and reporting.
- Specifies engineering design for LTN and fiber optic facilities according to specifications and/or defined compatible until items.
- Works with staff design technicians to help facilitate completion of larger complex jobs.
- Works with other utility companies, municipalities, corporations and authorities regarding joint use of distribution facilities.
- Provides customers information based on request to help them through new service, relocation of facilities and upgrade of service upon request.
- Investigates reviews and analyzes load and voltage conditions to determine adequacy of distribution facilities, including location of capacitors and OCR's and recommend improvements.
- Provides data for acquisition of right-of-way and/or participates in the acquisition for distribution facilities.
- Collaborates with other company personnel and consultants or contractors in meeting with customers to specify service locations, reconstruction improvements and in attempting to satisfy customer service complaints.
- Performs such other related duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Participates in any tailboard or safety initiative/task as instructed by the Regional Design Supervisor
- Complete 100% walk-downs per DOR2 process
Designer Technician Requirements:
- Must have experience working with Asset Suite and the Electric Database System.
- Able to perform and document tailboards, utilizing the Regional Engineering Tailboarding Forms.
- Safe work habits
- Utilizes human performance tools
- Properly uses PPE
- Working knowledge of and exercising judgment when applying companyís Engineering Instructions, Construction Specifications, SPIís/DPIís, REMSI, Express Costs, Designer and WAM
Duration: 6 months
Location: Hazleton, PA
43 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.