Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
MUST have TANK planner experience 7+ years working with Tanks.
Must have valid TWIC card
Must be local to Houston, TX. no per diem is offered
Long term position 1+ year.
The Planner is responsible for creating a work package, using SAP, detailing all job steps, materials, service contracts, rental equipment and costs for multi-discipline repair work on refinery equipment.
• Attend planning priority meeting and ensure working on correct priority work orders as determined by attendees.
• Search and check for duplicate work orders before starting to plan an new work.
• Where required perform a field inspection, with all interested parties including Operations, Inspection, Engineering to determine/validate the repair scope.
• Determine the correct cost allocation for the the repair work, (Maintenance, Environmental, Operations etc.)
• Determine the correct Work Order Type for the approved Notification(s).
• Create work orders from Approved Notifications daily.
• Develop planning packages to be utilized during work execution that include detailed work scopes, procedures, drawings, tools and equipment, services, technical information, estimates, schedules, EH&S considerations, quality control documents and bill of materials.
• Ensure work planning package address known permit requirements.
• Deliver a detailed planning package to the Area Execution Supervisor prior to the start of the scheduled work.
• Ensure sub-orders are used where the workscope changes mid execution.
• Use developed task lists and generate new ones for all complex jobs.
• Ensure special forms are initiated and included as part of the planning package (hot tap, lead paint, fibers assessment, permit required, confined space evacuation plan, pictures, excavation, etc.)
• Identify special materials, tools and sizes not typically used and ensure timely delivery.
• Create requisitions and/or reservations as appropriate for materials and services if needed.
• Verify material delivery and validate estimated start dates with Maintenance Supervisor, and Area Scheduler, before releasing work.
• Enter the total Cost Estimate for the work order and determine the proper authorization level for approval per established financial guidelines.
• Ensure that the Estimated Costs and Actual Costs are within 15% accuracy.
• Provide constructive feedback to supervision and Engineering to improve future scope definition when major scope growth or scope change occurs.
• Assign Orders to Revisions within SAP, after approval from Area Operations.
• Upon job completion, encourage and incorporate feedback from crafts and Maintenance Supervisor into task lists or work order.
* 7+ years Planner experience
* Strong tank background (Cleaning, repair, demo, painting Tank)
* Valid TWIC card
* SAP planning experience 7+ years
105 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.