Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
The Pump Technician will be knowledgeable of power plant maintenance work, is skilled in working with rotating equipment and other associated plant equipment. Must have the ability to independently perform PM, repair, rebuild and testing of various pumps and associated motor work. Work includes but is not limited to trouble shooting, problem evaluation, complete disassembly, inspection, re-assembly, and alignment of components as applicable.
1. Basic rigging
2. Care and use of various hand tools and calibrated tools
3. Cutting/grinding operations with pneumatic and electric hand-held power tools
4. Proper use and care of hydraulic torque wrench
5. Care, use and proper installation of mechanical seals on various plant equipment
6. Inspect, use and care for the tools and equipment employed on an industrial project such as oxygen and acetylene cutting tools, drills, grinders, hydraulic rams and various rigging.
7. Perform work in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications, drawings, sketches, operating & quality control manuals
8. Perform shaft alignment on rotating equipment using dial indicators or laser alignment tools.
9. Perform critical bolt-ups that affect equipment alignment.
10. Sheave alignment on various belt driven equipment.
11. Install and maintain oil flush system in preparation of equipment start up.
12. Remove and install gaskets and packing
1. Use administrative documents, procedures, data sheets/forms properly.
2. Procedural use and adherence (Must be able to follow all company, client, safety and regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to, policies, procedures, standards and guidelines as they relate to this position and the work duties being performed.)
3. Practice Foreign Material Exclusion and Housekeeping per station directives
4. Knowledge of the various sizes and grades of standard materials employed in an industrial plant such as bolts, gaskets, fittings and valves.
5. Ability to read, interpret and determine dimensional information for drawings and specifications such as isometrics, P&Ids’ and equipment arrangements.
6. Ability to demonstrate the proper use of precision measuring equipment such as micrometer, calipers, dial indicators, etc.
7. Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the basic skills of measuring, layout work,material cutting, and different materials.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Strong mechanical aptitude
3. The Pump Technician must have a minimum of 3 years of industrial / mechanical experience.
1. Climb and work from ladders and scaffolding
2. Lift minimum of fifty pounds over head.
47 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.