Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 02129
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for providing independent technical, regulatory and programmatic support of Exelon Powers Safety Program, including Industrial Hygiene and Fire Protection. Ensures Exelon Power facilities and work practices are in compliance with applicable OSHA and state rules and regulations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Function as a Safety Professional for assigned plants or work groups.
- Administer the Exelon Power Safety Program. Coordinate and/or perform self-assessments of safety programs and processes. Coordinate and/or perform accident and root cause investigations and initiate corrective actions.
- Monitor pending regulatory changes and implements changes within the organization as needed. (Procedure changes, training, conducting demonstrations). Track developments in industry safety programs and institute lessons learned into Exelon Power safety programs.-Responsible for coordinating staff training.
- Write and maintain safety procedures.
- Maintain safety communication network within Exelon Power. Interface with other groups within the company involved in safety.
- Monitor, track and report out on safety issues. Develops performance indicators for safety adherence.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- BS with 6+ years professional experience OR
- Associates Degree with 8+ years experience and 3+ years exempt-level experience OR
- H. S. Diploma with 10+ years experience and 5+ years exempt-level experience
- Professional Certification or Recognition
- Functional Executive Level Appl
- Strong oral communications, presentation skills, and negotiating skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization.
- In depth knowledge of OSHA Laws and Regulations.
- Experience as a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Products.
- FLS experience
- Certified Safety Professional, Certified Utility Safety Administrator, or Certified Occupational Safety & Health TechnicianIndustrial Hygiene knowledge/experience
- OSHA 500 or 501 certified
- Knowledge of power plant operations
- Position reports to General Manager.
- Must be able to travel to remote locations, including overnight.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts / hours to support operational or outage needs.
- Provides dotted-line supervisory duties to plant safety professionals.
- Provides feedback on plant and personnel performance to Power managers.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
184 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.