Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Fort Lauderdale
Country: United States
System One is currently seeking a DCS Commissioning Engineer on a 5 month contract position located in Ft Lauderdale, FL.
• Verification that plant equipment is in compliance with project contract and specification requirements, conforms to design operational feasibility, and is set up and tested per the supplier’s requirements, within the engineer’s discipline capacity.
• Provides functional direction to technicians and craft on staff.
• As lead Discipline Engineer, provides functional direction and supervision to other discipline engineers, technicians, and craft support on staff.
• Assists in the development of startup packages as required. Tracks and controls all documentation required for proper maintenance of the startup packages.
• Participates in the preparation and maintenance of a detailed startup schedule.
• Proactively plans for startup activities and major milestones (such as major equipment, chemical cleaning, steamblow, or demonstration and performance testing).
• Manages construction completion, turnover to startup, startup turnover to operations, and final turnover to the client.
• Assists in the development of clear startup procedures as required to satisfy the contract and/or coordinates the startup effort.
• Assists in the advanced planning and preparation for startup activities and major milestones.
• Participates in the development and implementation of programs for the control of; spares, consumables, outstanding work and deficiencies lists, etc.
• Executes the startup effort ensuring compliance with the associated specifications and contracts and ultimately resulting in an efficient and timely turnover to the client.
• Completes thorough system walk downs/reviews to establish the completion status of systems and identify outstanding items to be completed.
• Responsible lead for plant equipment and systems within the engineer’s discipline capacity. The primary point-of-contact for all system functions through startup and operation of the plant. Activities include but are not limited to:
o Verifying systems are installed per design
o Confirming design operational feasibility
o Recording as built engineering changes on drawings
o Ensuring proper setup and testing of equipment as per supplier requirements
o Provides functional supervision of other discipline engineers assigned to the project.
o Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities.
o Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
o Acts in capacity of a ''lead person.'' Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction. Directs discipline start up engineers and discipline start up technicians.
• Bachelor’s of Engineering preferred.
• 5+ years of relevant startup experience preferred. Preferred
• Project Instructions Manual, contract documents, and startup guidelines
• Knowledge of discipline technical principles related to power plants. •
• Knowledge of tools, equipment, and instruments used in performance of job duties
• Knowledge of internal engineering systems and tools
Duration: 5 months
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
PD: $142.63/day x 7
241 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.